🔶 FiiO FH3 2BA 1DD

Thanks!

Yes the A6 does have recessed mids when you compare it to stuff with great mids. Although there are ways to mod the filter (pink) to make it more forward, I havent tried them though. And of course the other filters also have more forward mids but along with the treble lol.

I still really like the A6 and hope the A7 will add some more mids without touching anything else as I really like the unique sound.

The timbre “issue” is something that happens due to it sounding unique. You cant really have a good timbre IF it also sounds unique, they contradict each other.

The A6 is great for times when I just want something different.

I’ve had mine for 2 weeks, will be buying these to compare

2 Likes

Hope you enjoy them!

1 Like

For anyone interested in the improvement Fiio has made in regards to the IEM body and fit compared to the FH7 which was already a very comfortable IEM…

3 Likes

Looks like the FH7 went on a diet and came out as the FH3 :joy:

4 Likes

Better sound, skinnier and at about 1/4 the cost. Win win win! :partying_face: :astonished: :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Definitely a win for us consumers! :smiley:

Maybe not for fiio though :joy:

1 Like

Are you using the stock cable with the FH3 though?

For the time being. I plan to get one of these for it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089Q7HMF7/?coliid=I9BTU53M2YQ9S&colid=RU71D8MDKDA2&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I am also going to buy an additional FH3 to have one at home and one at work.

Wow dude that cable is damn expensive!

I recommend the Faaeal litz copper cable, measures really low, very good build quality and feels/looks very nice and its cheap: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000400771561.html

I dont really like to have duplicates of the same iem so I would say get something else that sounds different :+1:

1 Like

Well… I’m going to be set on IEMs for a while. I’m really not kidding when I say the FH3 is my ideal sound signature. I just listened to it this morning and afternoon non stop and am in love with it. I’ve got the perfect tips on them so they just disappear.

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll definitely check it out. I can always use a good cable.

1 Like

Yes they have my preferred sound signature too. I would have liked some more treble extension/air (like in the A6) and that would have given it an Endgame title for me (and better technicalities and i call it TOTL).

1 Like

I was close to pulling the trigger on the ISN H40, but the FH3 has me reconsidering. Anyone who’s heard both have comparisons, perhaps using the Starfield as a reference?

For my ideal music genre and my treble sensitivity, I’m very happy with the FH3. If I listened to live music or classical recordings, I might feel different.

I dont listen to classics either. Live music I definitely like the LZ A6 the most out of my stuff because of the clean sound, treble extension/air and huge soundstage. Makes it sound very lifelike.

1 Like

I have all three. What would you like to know specifically?

In general, the H40 is very full sounding and is very efficient. It gets loud at low volume levels. It has a very natural sound stage but the H40 is a relaxed tuning. It is not very detailed but is fun. The H40 has a long extension into your ear and can cause suction issues with certain tips. I spend a lot of my listening time with the Mangird Tea and the H40 adjusting them to relieve inner ear pressure. The Fiio IEMs are a MUCH better fit for me and have no inner ear suction problems. The Fiio has a similar tuning to the H40 but with better imaging and detail.

The Starfield is harder to drive than the H40 or FH3. The Starfield sounds more clinical than either the H40 or FH3. I personally feel the Starfield, although being a very good value at its price point sounds thin to heavier hitting IEMs.

Of all the IEMs I own, the FH3 has become my favorite mainly for overall sound enjoyment, slam and comfort. They have left me feeling quite fulfilled and uninterested in continuing the search for the perfect IEM. At 130 bucks, the FH3 is just 20 dollars more than the Starfield and is much less expensive than the H40.

5 Likes

Makes total sense. The FH3 is a more fun/relaxed listen but walks a perfect line of being relaxed, but retaining enough detail and clarity without being fatiguing.

1 Like

yup it is an excellent iem. Fiio only needs to have their QC game on point and it will be a success.

2 Likes

Wow, the H40s look huge in comparison, which is a detractor in its own right. I already have the Starfield, but I’m looking for a fun complement. Sounds like the FH3s might be in my future.

It is! I prefer the fit and sound of the FH3. The Starfield is incredibly good for its price. I’d ask a few more people their opinion. You could die happy just with the Starfield. I own the Starfield and the KXXX.

I don’t know if Rikudou has heard the H40.

This photo was challenging to hold the IEMs, try to get them as straight to the camera, hold the camera in the other hand and take the picture. I tried my best to show how much larger and how much deeper the H40 goes into your ear vs the FH3.