šŸ”¶ FiiO FH3 2BA 1DD

I hate thatā€¦ FiiO just got on my list of products, I will never buy again. For me the service and support, if a product brakes, is so essential, that if that is not present, my $ are not going in that direction.

FiiO = Banned :imp: :imp: :imp:

3 Likes

Yes, no more FiiO products for me either. No matter how good they are.

wow what a 180 with people and the fh3! itā€™s such a good iem, and to my knowledge the QC isnā€™t bad to my knowledge.

Same here. Guess Iā€™m one of the lucky ones. Hope they donā€™t break. :wink:

1 Like

haha i think the qc problem is being overblown tbh

3 Likes

this is how hype trains usually go, they lose steam.

3 Likes

Donā€™t think itā€™s qc thatā€™s the main issue here itā€™s their customer and after care and service?

1 Like

Yes, what i wanna talk about is there service, not the QC issue, problem always exist, but they should help their customers better with those problems

3 Likes

Bad QC is not good and should get dealt with, but it is not necessarily a deliberate choice as bad service or lack of interest in customers.
If a company doesnā€™t take responsibility for its products and if they brake within waranty, due to which outlet channel you bought it or that you can get a replacement if YOU pay a service fee and the postage, then Iā€™m out.

If we as customers have to pay extra for a product a company didnā€™t QC the right way or a malfunction in production, then I really donā€™t understand if they care at all about their business. THAT is the way to lose customers, because it is pissing on us and taking our money for no good reason.

Stay away from that kind of companies is my advice.
I have not had any experience like that with FiiO, but I trust it when other mention it in this forum.

2 Likes

@hawaiibadboy could you perhaps make a video and call out Fiio for not responding to this FH3 situation in a good way?

Not giving any service to people that bought the FH3 from a non-official dealer shouldnt be an excuse to not help even when it breaks down so fast.

1 Like

Itā€™s hard to say what percentage of units are defective. And while Iā€™m not denying that the FH3 is an outstanding-sounding IEM, there have been enough reports of failing drivers for consider either the FH3ā€™s design or the dynamic drivers they used in it dodgy. I wish it hadnā€™t happened to me because I was enjoying it immensely, but after the experience Iā€™ve had with FiiO disclaiming any responsibility for their defective product just because I bought it from vendor A and not vendor B, I am highly disappointed with the brand.

I hope that everyone who got the FH3 and enjoys it will continue to without any issues.

1 Like

I feel bad for the people that cant purchase thru Amazon,(within 1 month) if something wrong or heck if I donā€™t like the item anymore we can just click return, let the barcode scanned by UPS(they will pack it for you too) then viola refund

1 Like

Back on track, is the FD1ā€™s bass similar to the FH3ā€™s bass?

I really dig the FH3ā€™s bass but I canā€™t enjoy the FH3 at louder volumes without getting ear fatigue after ~15 minutes. It never happened to me before especially when Iā€™m listening to 1DDs, so Iā€™m guessing itā€™s something up with the BAs. If the FD1ā€™s bass has the same impact and extension I may give it a try.

1 Like

what source you got and tips? i used the bass tips and q5s(bal) ,es100(bal),and atom stack the bass is out of this world listening to track ā€œThe Boxā€ by Roddy Ricch holy molly

I received my fh3 yesterday and I know what you mean, there must be some spike on the 7-8KHz area because itā€™s fatiguing for me as well.

I was able to workaround it by placing a small ball of cotton inside of the tips, but not too much otherwise itā€™ll get way to muffled

2 Likes

I need a little bit of help,
there is a really good deal, used tin P1,
I already have the FH3,
could you do a comparison FH3 vs P1 ?
and does it worth getting it?

thank you so much,
*amping is not a problem,

yes there is, around 5.5k and 9k,

2 Likes

This graph is from a DIY build, but it seems useful. In the banbeuā€™s graph that is more robust (IEC711) the peaks still there at ~5k and ~8k:

It could be the coupler resonance, yes, but given my fatigue, Iā€™d argue this peak is real. Just to clarify, as mentioned by this user as well, I just feel it at louder volumes. If one is listening to at lower or medium volumes I can see why they canā€™t relate to my ear fatigue.

Iā€™m trying the cotton inside of the tip mod, and it fixes my issue. However, the sparkle goes away, so I guess I need to spend some time tinkering the cottonā€™s quantity.

1 Like

I have both and they couldnā€™t be more different imo, so if you want to have some pretty huge variation they could be worth getting. The P1s are all about detail and highs, there is no low end punch whatsoever. The clarity is kinda amazing but I got bored with them very quickly because I donā€™t find them to be fun at all.

2 Likes

I wouldnt rec the P1 at all unless with EQ. With EQ (my preset) I say the P1 does have better mids than the FH3 but not as good bass as the FH3 while the treble is a tie.