šŸ”¶ FiiO FH3 2BA 1DD

Nice info, worth waiting then imo.

With the L3 I find the treble is very tip dependant, with foam being the worst offenders. However with the right silicone tips itā€™s great.

1 Like

yeah, I would have preferred the silver version over black. (isnt ā€œtitaniumā€ just grey?) :joy:

Should be like mate silver grey if itā€™s authentic (looking at my titanium watch :slight_smile: )

I would not say the FH3 is a dark IEM. Rikudou, correct me if you disagree since we both have a difference in how we hear treble but I find the FH3 not to be lacking in treble. Itā€™s just smooth and never sibilant. (so far anyway)

I was also wrong about the FH3 sound stage and imaging. I thought the FH7 was clearly better upon first hearing the FH3 and trying to remember how the FH7 sounded. After comparing them back to back, the FH3 is just as good in this regard to the FH7. It is different though. Itā€™s difficult to explain sound stage and imaging.

There was a song last night I was listening to where there was a lot of lower end frequency stuff happening in the background while this stereo event over on the left was portrayed as if it were completely separated from everything in the back. It almost felt like I could reach out and grab it with my hand it was so clear and perfectly defined away from everything else. The FH3 did this better than the FH7 because the low end was so much less on the FH7 that it didnā€™t sound nearly as impressive to have that kind of separation. Does that make any sense? Sorry if Iā€™m rambling. lol

1 Like

YES!!! I was wishing that they would do something special with the finishes. Time to collect them all!

Thank you so much for posting this!!! Awesome.

1 Like

I am fine with most of the treble. Its just that the upper treble 10k+ isnt that much and it makes me want more air from them. This isnt a big problem, but that is the biggest factor as to why this isnt an TOTL iem (The detail, soundstage and instrument separation would need to be one or 2 levels higher too).

My nitpick comes from the fact that the LZ A6 and the Moondrop Blessing 2 (at technicalities not air) is better than the FH3 at those factors.

EDIT: If the FH3 was better at the technicalities just 1 or 2 levels + better treble extension/air. Then I would have created an S+ rank for it lol.

1 Like

At the cost of bass which is a deal breaker for me.

The Mangird has as much treble as I would ever want. No more please! The FH3 is better and somehow sounds smoother and more detailed. :crazy_face:

I see it as a great deal that I am actually comparing the FH3 to the B2/A6 in technicalities. :joy:

1 Like

Okay real talk, I have the H40 arriving next Tuesday, do I cancel it and get the FH3?

I donā€™t know how to do a poll so please just comment yay or nay and why

(I dont have the H40)

But if the Sound is similar or better on the FH3 I would take it over the H40 due to:

1. Price, you save about 60 usd.

2. Size, dont know about your ears but the bigger size on the H40 makes it more risky (if it fits).

3. Not beryllium DD which is VERY helpful for the bass texture and control

4. Not Knowles BA, yes driver doesnt matter as long as it sounds good but that gives you the impression that they tried to cheap out on it lol.

What do the H40 isnā€™t Beryllium?
And which one is not knowles?

H40 doesnt have a beryllium DD nor knowles BAĀ“s.

While I dont mind them not having Knowles BAĀ“s (my LZ A6 doesnt have them either and they are my Top 1 tied with the FH3), not having a beryllium does make them worse, because of how beryllium affects the sound from the DD.

O.K., color me interested in the the FH3. I was kind of nosing around the FH7 for a while, but just couldnā€™t get myself to pull the trigger. Itā€™s interesting that there is a building consensus that the -3 is ā€œbetterā€ than the -7.

Since getting my modular plug cable from DUNU, I have vowed every IEM cable I buy going forward will be plug swappableā€¦and I am not one to chase sound/tuning variations with cables. I care only about ergonomics and build quality.

The modular cables with Dunu is a really cool feature. Dont have to change the cable if you want to go from balanced to SE nor do you need to use an adapter (the adapters that makes it longer lol). Meaning you are not straining your MMCX/2pin connectors due to cable change.

Fiio has one too but that priceā€¦https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000971898372.html

So people are actually reccing the fh3 over the h40?

Currently only @PapaEmeritus (as far as I know) has both and he does rec the FH3 over the H40.

If you want to be more sure, you can wait and hope more reviewers have both.

1 Like

True but Iā€™ve got the h40 arriving in about 4 days. I reckon Iā€™m going to cancel it and get the FH3

Where did you order it from? Aliexpress/penon? If you can cancel it without issues then I would do so.

The FH3 is going to be available on amazon, so if you get it from them you can try it and see if you like it.

If you like it, great you saved 60 or something usd.

if you dislike it you can return it (and also know that the H40 is similar, so no point in getting those either).

Penon, with express shipping so Iā€™ll probably lose like $10 if I cancel it. Not a big issue. I reckon Iā€™ll look into the fh3 then

Sure, good luck!

1 Like