šŸ”¶ FiiO FH3 2BA 1DD

I think you should already know my recommendation from the marathon Iā€™ve written on this.

If you want really fun & not that detailed, H40 is fine. If you want pretty much the perfect IEM, FH3.

1 Like

I do. It is awesome. The H40 is great but IMO the FH3 is better in just about every category and it is 60 + or - bucks cheaper. Itā€™s nuts!!!

3 Likes

These are blind impressions from casually listening to both. I will do a more exhaustive comparison with critical listening back and forth when I get time. Sorry I know you have the H40 coming. I just need time to do it properly.

1 Like

Have you ever head the OH10s and can do a comparison? They seem like they would be competitors.

Preferred tips for FH3? I have Dekoni Bullets already, but considering ordering some Azlas (not the Xelastec) or SpinFits. Would the CP145 be the right size?

Final audio type e, love them.

i ordered mine august 8 and im still anxiously waiting for my pair, this is my first serious iem purchase, i have the blon 03 and the kz zsx, output via the btr5, im new to this hobby. and ive reading, waiting for reviews sinceā€¦ i dont know what to expect, i consider my kz zsx as the best iem in the world atmā€¦ now im very excited, i also ordered a 2.5mm balance cable to go with the fh3ā€¦ im hoping that it will blow my mind :smiley: i originally intended for the fh5 and im glad its out of stock so i discovered the newly released fh3ā€¦ im so in awe on how knowledgable people here about iemsā€¦ thanks guys for the useful infos, im looking forward to learning from all of youā€¦

5 Likes

Amazing! You have the same setup as i do! BTR5 + ZSX and Blon03
Im planing to buy the FH3 too, i just hope the jump from the ZSX in terms of Detail and Timber from the Blon03 will be worth it!

Keep us Updated as you get the FH3 in your hands please!

3 Likes

Will doā€¦ but i have very limited knowledge regarding iemsā€¦ this purchase is so ill know(hopefully) what the fuss is all bout this more expensive iemsā€¦ i still cant understand how can another iem be better than my zsx :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have not heard the OH10.

fh3

Fairly similar graph. Maybe a bit more V shaped than the FH3 with more lower treble. Iā€™m treble sensitive so that might be pushing my comfort level for treble.

They may very well not be. Everyone values different things and your ZSX might be the perfect IEM for you. Youā€™ll have to let us know your opinions. Thatā€™s all we do here, share our experiences, thoughts and feelings about this hobby.

Welcome!

Personally, I am fairly new to the IEM world. I have been a headphone enthusiast for a long time and just of late discovered what IEMs can offer.

1 Like

Welcome Salty_Derps.

1 Like

This guy said everything Iā€™ve been trying to say only he did it better than I can. :slight_smile:

Great review.

4 Likes

Hey! I was lurking the Moondrop KXXX thread because I just loved its aesthetics and I was eyeing them for my next purchase but now thereā€™s this FH3 with similar aesthetics, cheaper, and possible better. Itā€™s very tempting.

I saw you got both so would you mind to compare the FH3 x KXXX sound-wise? Iā€™d say Iā€™m leaning towards the FH3 now after reading this thread.

I pulled the trigger on this. Mine will be here tomorrow.

2 Likes

@PapaEmeritus I know. I posted that video in this thread not 24 hours agoā€¦ :grin:

1 Like

I will try every tip I own on each IEM until I find something that sounds the best and has the best comfort for me.

My preferred tips are SpinFits. The CP145 and the CP100 will both work fine. The CP100 will just be a bit tighter. The silicone is different between the 145 & the 100. The 145 is softer and thinner, more transparent. Itā€™s just important to get the proper sized tip that is comfortable and seals. If youā€™re really into the hobby, I suggest biting the bullet and get yourself all of the CP145 & CP100 tips. That way with each IEM you own, depending on the insertion depth, you can get the perfect tip.

What I do personally is I will begin with the smallest tips and work my way up until I get the proper seal I expect. Then Iā€™ll go one size up from there and that should be the tip that works best for that set.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t post the video, I watched the video you posted and replied to your post. Thanks for sharing it!

1 Like

You are going to shit your pants :joy:

These are my favourite tips:

Final Audio Type E
Sony Hybrid (EP-EX11)
Spinfits CP145
JVC Spiral dot/++
Azla Sedna
Acoustune AET08/07
KZ Starline

1 Like