šŸ”¶ FiiO FH3 2BA 1DD

I just received the FH3 from Fiio-Germanyā€¦
i ordered yesterday and they arrived today in a bit under 24hrs.
Something I wanted to write here to anyone concerned: I love the cable

There is my few recommended ā€œoptionalā€ check list for a new FH3 owner:

• Eartips: - Wide bore Azla sedna & Final Type E,
  • Cable: Balanced cable, Faaeal cable, Tri Through cable
  • EQ: -4dB @5.5KHz,
  • Source: Fiio BTR5, portable+wireless = win,
1 Like

Hmm, not easy to get those in europe.
Playing around with the stock tips atm.
Bass tips are too much for me.
Trying to find a difference between balanced & vocal tips now lol.
In theory, what are vocal tips supposed to do? Better mids, less subbass?

You can get them from amazon japan. The Type E tips are the stock tips in the Final Audio E series so you can get the E500/E1000 and get the tips for cheap (or the iem for cheap depending on perspective lol).

Thanks Iā€™ll check thereā€¦ so about those stock tips.
Whatā€™s the difference between balanced & vocal tips? Canā€™t really distuingish as of yet.

I cant use them, they dont fit me so cant comment on them.

oh, so maybe I shouldnā€™t take your advice on tips then :sweat_smile:

Stock tips almost never works well for me. Those tips (azla, type eĀ“s) are recommended by literally everyone, very likely you will like them as well. Getting a good tip collection is crucial in this hobby.

1 Like

Music is my hobby tho, not IEMsā€¦ think Iā€™ll stick with the stock tips right now, appreciate the input tho.
Iā€™m already quite happy with the FH3. A bit more punch in lower mids would be nice I guess, so maybe the vocal tips do something thereā€¦

The point of getting good tips is so that you can get the most out of your iem. No seal = bad sound. The better fit you get, the better sound you get.

2 Likes

Yeah I know thatā€¦ I can get a good seal with pretty much all the medium tips that Fiio included.
And now I was wondering what exactly the tips are supposed to do
in terms of frequency, perceived response and so on.

I guess you should contact fiio for an answer then.

In this thread on Head-fi fiio made an explanation about the tips.

I mostly listen to folk (Shania Twain, AmyMacDonaald), Irish folk (Fiddlers Green Paddyhats) and medieval music (Wardruna, Faun). Likes it also if the songs have good and fast bass. I like the singing tips best. With the bass tips I donā€™t get a seal at all.

1 Like

noice, thanks alot :grinning:

I own them now

I dunno what tips to use

I like the idea of foam tips but donā€™t wanna treat them like earplugs

also

these thing feel HUGE

like it feels like they are always bulging out

also they are SUPER sensitive as even to my 16 ohm E3000s it felt way too loud at the volume i had it on before

maybe thats just what balanced armatures do

It is true, it is bit too easy too driveā€¦but i disagree about it being huge, coming from zs10ā€¦ definitely slightly bigger than se215. i have been dailying this iem even when im asleepā€¦no issue at allā€¦the best iem that ive own after se215ā€¦ Plusā€¦the imaging on this is awesomeā€¦not only that to be able to project image outside your head is amazing for iemā€¦great for gamingā€¦

maybe its because im used to the SUPER tiny final E3000 but they feel big and are pretty nice for rap and pop music

also I just seem to prefer foam ear tips because they are easier to fit in my ear

How about using your E3000 tips on the FH3?
Those should be Type E tips that gain alot of praise in this forum.

cheers

1 Like

I will try but I feel I honestly enjoy the foam pads because they are warm and are just as easy to fit in without slipping

I just dunno if any ear tips can really seal in my ears because itā€™s not really there