šŸ”¶ FiiO FH3 2BA 1DD

Do these pair well with the BTR5? I was looking at the P1 as my next IEM, but I need something I can power from a btr5 or the likes of it, since itā€™ll not really be used for at home.

Forget about the P1 + BTR5 lol.

The FH3 should be perfectly fine with the BTR5.

3 Likes

Last question if itā€™s okay: Any reason to invest in a balanced cable for the FH3 or would the SE be plenty?

The BTR5 has 240 mw with the balanced output, while 70mw with the SE. Go for a balanced cable.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the info!

1 Like

Iā€™m very sensitive to vacuum, but I donā€™t feel anything. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Gotta shout out to @Rikudou_Goku for how knowledgeable and helpful he always is. Well done. Thank you for being such an awesome community member!

worthy

If you have an amp that has a balanced output, always go balanced.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Okay so I just got these and havenā€™t let them ā€œburn inā€ (whether it be brain or physical burn in) enough to give my opinion, but I was just listening to this song and it gave me all sorts of feelings in inappropriate places on the FH3.

I guess itā€™s the separation and very nice bass of the FH3, but I had a small eargasm which I wanted to share ;).

3 Likes

welcome to the club,
as always, try different eartips, source and cable,
then sit back and enjoy the music.

1 Like

Wow no kidding, feels like the track was made for the FH3!

1 Like

I just found an outlet deal on the BTR5 to accompany the FH3, now all I need is two balanced 2.5mm cables (1 for these and 1 for the T2ā€™s to complement them).
Are these any good? Iā€™ve seen the 16 core mentioned plenty, but these I can get (semi-)locally which would be preferable to ordering from China.

EDIT:
Another question, anything I need to look out for when getting a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter so I can also use them on my desktop gear?

I recommend that you get the faaeal litz copper, kbear rhyme or the Tri Through cable rather than the ones on amazon.

And just avoid 16 core cablesā€¦they are much lower quality and I have doubts if they even soldered all the cores in that small connectorā€¦

I cant think of anything to not do with a 2.5mm-> 3.5mm adapter. But do of course be aware that a 2.5mm plug is pretty fragile since it is pretty thin.

When it comes to recs on those adapters I would get this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002046158714.html

This one is the one I prefer but it is an adapter to 6.35mm
2 Likes

I have all his music. I use this to test soundstage. Great stuff.

1 Like

None of those are found locally, so Iā€™d have to wait a month and pay customs :frowning:. Only options I find locally are the FiiO lc-b which are twice as expensive.
There is also this one but it doesnā€™t have the hooks for the ears:

yeah, I always import them and pay some extra import fees. But I think they are worth it, it especially helps if you get more items at once.

Try this on for size:

My fav bass and bass positioning track.

2 Likes

for some reason, my fh3 sounded better on the stock cable than the tripowin cable i bought :slightly_smiling_face:

Well, I dont rec the Tripowin cables lol.

what third party cable brands you rec? and ty