šŸ”¶ FiiO FH3 2BA 1DD

Sorry I donā€™t understand. U mean that cable wonā€™t improve SQ? Ok I wonā€™t buy another cable then. I follow your advise. You are my sensei. For ear tips, I found someone sell unused Ortofon tips for cheap price $5. Will get the M size. Iā€™m using stock tips (red-grey small), best for me (among stock tips). Comfortable is good enough but not best. Just try my luck with Ortofon, since the bore size is identical. Will not jeopardize my sound setting. Radius deep mount ā€¦i can;t find this in my country, Iā€™ll try ask in fb group

1 Like

You might want a different cable if you donā€™t like the FH3 default cable. I can understand how some people may like it and also how some may hate it. It does not really kink or tangle, which is good, but it is kinda heavy and stiffer then other cable designs.

1 Like

I didnā€™t notice any change with a lower resistance cable on the FH3ā€¦

But I hated the stock cable. Great speaker wire, not so good IEM cable. WhY yOu So THICC? And the earhooks were my number one complaint with the comfort.

i get your point. A bit stiff and microphonics but not much issue to me. Earhooks no issue, suitable for my small ears. Guess Iā€™ll just change to a new cable once damaged . Focusing on another ear tips now. Will buy Radius Mount Deep as senseiā€™s advise Son Goku @Rikudou_Goku . can get from Shopee Indonesia

I agree with this statement. For what the FH3 does, itā€™s not easy to find anything in the marketplace that does it better. I think other forum members trying to climb the upgrade tree past the FH3 will tell you its a very difficult journey.

Just get the FH3, enjoy it, forget how much money you saved and donā€™t question it. I think most FH3 owners feel they got away with highway robbery it so good for the price.

For cables, this is what I use on my FH3ā€¦
https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-LC-4-4D-High-Purity-Monocrystalline-Replacement/dp/B07RYTSRC6/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=fiio+silver&qid=1624881870&sr=8-3

Its on amazon japan, thats where I bought it.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0756QMLKT

Hello all, bit of a lurker on this forum but just got a set of FH3 to pair with my Shanling MW200.

WOW!! What a combo.

Funnily enough, I originally got FH5 to go with the Shanling but decided they were ā€˜too goodā€™ (and didnā€™t want to keep plugging and unplugging MMCX connectors) so use them on my desktop setup instead. But holy hell, the FH3 are close, maybe even better for out and about. Was listening to Run the Jewels while I shopped earlier, man the FH3 get low!

So, a happy owner then!

3 Likes

Glad you liked them and welcome to the HFGF :slight_smile:

For everyone considering to buy Fiio FH3 (and I own them), also check Legacy 2 that just dropped. Thereā€™s a BGGARā€™s video about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh man. No wonder many people said donā€™t bother to upgrade FH3 to FH5. But I read FH5s is a beast though, with the tuning switches. What do u think?

@Rikudou_Goku @Resolution Guys, I just bought an used copper cable yesterday. New price $50, bought at $25. Canā€™t stop listen it for 4-5 hours last night. The sound improved! Significantly on wider soundstage. It is a discontinued cable, but u guys can check out info here. 768 wires VS 96 wires on stock cable FiiO LC3.5B ! [https://shopee.com.my/Hillaudio-CU-PRO-Pure-OCC-Copper-IEM-Upgrade-Cable-i.6548893.2612727359]
More dynamics, better imaging. Just a little bit warmer (now I know previously I actually feels fatigue a bit due to brighter sound, I thought it was the eartips)ā€¦the only con is the thick looks, like a python on my tummy. My officemates (normal earphone people) will be shocked seeing it later.
Hours of tuning, I found out the sound gets more dynamics with max phone volume (combo with FiiO Q3) VS lower phone vol. Compared using youtube dolby atmos video.
Turning on gain mode on FiiO Q3 also gives more clarity, eliminates little noise maybe?. Tested on few vocal focused songs.
Now my $123 FH3 has become an $200 IEM ! Thanks guys for all the knowledge.

Any tips to prevent damaged MMCX connectors? Should I hot glue it? I wonā€™t be unplug and plug for sure. FiiOā€™s stock cable is really tight btw, very good.

1 Like

1008348_A01_1024x1024

1 Like

I havenā€™t had the opportunity to listen to the FH5S, so canā€™t comment on itā€™s sound, however the tuning system is interesting. RHA did something similar with the T10 & T20 and it did make a subtle yet noticeable difference to the sound. I guess the FH5S take it further as you can use the supplied eartips to further ā€˜tuneā€™ the sound, though that may be too much choice to some!

Looks like they have also lengthened the nozzle so they sit deeper in the ear. That was my only real issue with the FH5, they initially didnā€™t feel too secure due to the shallow insertion. I fixed this by trimming ~3mm off the stem of an unused set of eartips to create a ā€˜spacerā€™ on the nozzle. That then allowed the tip to go deeper in my ear canal.

As for the FH5 being a worthy upgrade to the FH3? To listen to them both, itā€™s obvious that they share the same DNA, but the FH5 is just that bit more refined in itā€™s sound. Indeed, thatā€™s why Iā€™ve done what I have. FH5 (with Fiio 4.4mm ā€˜Cā€™ balanced cable) for at home, FH3 for on the go with Shanling MW200 Bluetooth neckband

Oh, and as for glueing MMCX connectorsā€¦ Not a good idea! Thatā€™s a world of pain if you need to replace the cable or IEM further down the line. Just attach and leave well alone, theyā€™ll be fine!

1 Like

I really enjoy the FH3 when EQā€™d but the stock tuning is just way too bassy for meā€¦ currently I am using the Crinacle Target EQ settings on Oratory1990s list.

This is my current EQ and MSEB tuning in Hiby Music app (itā€™s free but many features). I listen to offline FLAC songs. Have a try and let me know how it sounds to you. I use phone + FiiO Q3 + FiiO FH3

1 Like

Hi guys. Do you guys think I should really get the FH3 if I already have the Sundaras?:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™d say they are different enough to enjoy both. If thatā€™s what you are after

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™d say apples and oranges. but check legacy2 as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well they are completely different products. If youā€™d like something that isolates or something that is easy to take with you then the FH3 is a great set. Itā€™s my current daily driver, but the only over-ear headphones I have are the he400i and the dt880, I prefer the FH3 over both even when I donā€™t need isolation.

2 Likes

Ok thanks. Iā€™m going to get it thenā€‹:call_me_hand:t2:. I have the iFi Zen Dac V2 / iFi Zen Can Stack running it balanced. Should I get a balanced cable or is the original cable. The Stack is overkill already for the IEMā€™sā€‹:sweat_smile::sweat_smile: What tips do you guys use? I think I should first experiment with the tips that come with itā€‹:call_me_hand:t2:

Checkout iem Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk