FiiO FH5s 2DD 2BA

This is a thread to share thoughts and impressions about the FiiO FH5s.

(Mostly so we don’t taken over @Rikudou_Goku’s thread too much :wink:)

2 Likes

I was wondering when a thread was gonna pop up. I have a set on the way already. BGGA did a review already and he said that they have some of the most offensive treble he’s ever heard. He did say though that his library is very “treble” oriented so we’ll have to wait and see what others think.

1 Like

The treble isnt offensive to me, the problem is that I dont think it can compete with the other iems at that price range it is at.

2 Likes

What are we comparing it to? I don’t have a lot of experience with iems in this price range so I’m just trying to get a relative idea.

1 Like

Tanchjim Oxygen
Fiio FD5
LZ A7
Sony XBA-N3

I also take the KZ DQ6 over it and that is a 22 usd iem…

2 Likes

What about it do you find unsatisfactory?

1 Like

Incoherency because of BA timbre in the treble and that also affects the mids.
Bass texture lacking
Fatiguing treble
Average technicalities

The Oxygen is basically doing a very similar sound, but better on all aspects…

1 Like

Pics of my FH5s.

I have a considerably different take on this IEM than @Rikudou_Goku Simply because of the fit and the venting, this IEM a joy for me to wear. I usually struggle with fit and inner-ear suction with most IEMs, but not with the FH5s.

4 Likes

Just a heads up guys if you want an official IEM thread then just ask one of us @M0N @WaveTheory or me and we’ll be more than happy to create one…There are so many new IEM’s on a a daily/weekly to keep up with lol :+1:

5 Likes

You should try the sony ex800st/1000 since they got a massive vent as well, no comfort issues with the right tips and a cable change too since they weigh little.

Sorry for derailing though, what about sound since your impression didnt really touch on it?

3 Likes

EX1000 is indeed an iem that any DD lover should hear.

2 Likes

I just received these last night and haven’t had a lot of time with them, but generally, the FH5s is generally safe and fairly neutral.

2 Likes

Damn, completely different from BGGAR´s take on it then.

For me, it does get fatiguing after a while though.

1 Like

OH yeah, before I forget. Did you recieve an mmcx tool? I didnt get one…

But they do market it in their own site so…

2 Likes

Great question. No, I didn’t. I think that last shot I posted shows all the physical stuff from the box minus some of the paperwork.

1 Like

One thing I’m realizing and learning is that my new amp/dac stack, Bifrost 2 and Jotunheim 2 is laid back VS say my Apollo. My jaw hit the floor when I listened to my Focal Clear MG on my Apollo after listening on the Schitt stack. I thought the Clear MG was dark. On the Apollo, it sounded as reference as reference could be. I just listened last night on the Schitt stuff so that’s probably why it’s not fatiging for me.

I’ll do some testing with other sources and make some determinations. For me, the EST 112 is fatiguing.

1 Like

I used the Ibasso DX160, which is a warm amp. I dont have problems with the EST112. I get fatigued after around 1 and a half to 2 hours with the FH5S, with the EST112 its more around 3 hours.

Also, I found the mmcx tool.

It was in the case stuck at the side lol.

3 Likes

I do have that thing. I had no idea what it was. It looked like a guitar body shape. I wonder how well it works? Fiio decided to make their own and not pay Final for theirs.

I’ll be using my Fiio Q5s for most of my IEM listening and leave the Schiit stack for my headphones. Again, I need more time with the FH5s, but I am in love with its comfort. It doesn’t slam like the FD5 or FH3. The FH5s is a lot more comfortable for me than the FD5. The FH3 is still probably the Fiio king, especially at its crazy price point.

1 Like

Probably, but I have heard that the Final audio tool is prone to breaking after a few usages. So that might also be a factor.

The FH5S actually has quite the awkward fit for me lol.

In terms of fit for me it goes:

FH3 > FD5 > FH5S

1 Like

Ha ha! For me…

FH5s > FH3 > FD5

The original FH5 fit was good but there was something off with the nozzle angle for me. The FH3 has been the best fitting Fiio IEM for me until the FH5s. The body shape, location of the nozzle and nozzle angle are literally perfect for my ears. It’s as if I can feel the nozzle is perfectly placed in the center of my ear. The silicone tip feels like it has no pressure points within my ear.

Fit alone, I am extremely excited I have an IEM that finally fits so effortlessly, with ZERO inner ear pressure because of the extreme venting. I love the design.

I’m also probably over excited because I was expecting to hate it and was afraid to even open the box. lol

1 Like