FiiO FH5s 2DD 2BA

Give it some time and start comparing with your other stuff. That should put it in its place lol. (it certainly did for me.)

1 Like

We don’t have to agree on everything either. As hybrids go, I think the FH5s is a very good IEM at its price point.

I couldn’t imagine anyone wanting to hit the treble switch on this thing though. :slight_smile:

For IEMs, I think comfort is overlooked. My advise to anyone, if you can find an IEM that fits you perfectly with little discomfort, keep it. It might even be worth it to EQ it to your liking if the fit is great. Remember… I’ve fallen in love with the Monarch and have to put up with the fit issues to get that sweet, sweet sound into my ears.

1 Like

Yeah, it is all subjective and library dependent anyway.

For anyone listening to rock or metal that wants something slammin, the FH3 + FD5 is better. The FH5s does not slam like the FH3, nor does it have the bass texture and detail the FH3 has. But for other genres that benefit from extension and airiness, the FH5s might be great. It’s not going to have the timbre of a single DD but then most hybrids, if not all, won’t.

Sony wants a word with you. :joy:
(xba-n3)

2 Likes

The main question I want answered when it comes to the FH5s is… What is the benefit of 2 DDs???

Probably to make the mids more natural in terms of the timbre compare to the FH3 for example.

And I want a word with Sony. I keep hearing about all these nice earphones that apparently make, but all i can buy is the basic shit…
I think I will get a single DD as my next IEM. I feel like I sometimes hear some weird stuff wit the FH3 and I want to know whether it has to do with it being a hybrid / not having great timbre.

@Resolution the FD5 also has the venting, does that also alleviate all pressure issues like the FH5S does?

1 Like

EX1000 and EX800ST are great single DD´s, IF you use EQ.

I wish the FD5 nozzle was a bit longer and an edge of the IEM body digs into my ear. Those are the fit issues I have with the FD5. The FD5 also is a bit low mid forward for my taste. I prefer the Zen to the FD5. I don’t experience pressure issues with the FD5 either.

1 Like

I wish the nozzle of the FH3 was a bit shorter, so that sounds good to me I guess. I’m not importing stuff from outside the EU for a while, my previous endeavour was not a huge success and it sucks to deal with duties and not being able to return stuff.

1 Like

Nobody went for a white one? Yall disappoint me ;p

I did ask for the silver version, but got told that they only sent out black units for us reviewers.

I saw them at Penon!

I tired to order the white/silver ones but they were out of stock. Only black was available for me.

At Penon? Wow, already… Why even advertise that there are 2 versions, if you only make 5 of them…?! * _ *

Oh sorry, didn’t realize you were talking about penon. I ordered mine from aliexpress.

Get it, boys!

So I got my pair in today. I can hear what @Rikudou_Goku was talking about with the cohesiveness being a bit off between the ba’s and the dd’s. Also with the timbre being a bit off. Would a wider soundstage make a headphone/iem sound “less” detailed per say? They sound almost quieter? compared to the fh3. I’m not sure how to really describe it.