FiiO FH5s 2DD 2BA

Not in my experience, but it does generally make imaging a bit worse (think of soundstage as quantity and imaging as quality, increasing one of them will usually sacrifice the other, like in a scale).

I think you arent using them at the same volume, the FH3 is a lot easier to drive since it got lower impedance and higher sensitivity.

Ok that explains what I’m hearing then. The extra stage makes so the imaging moves aren’t as in your face as the fh3 is. That also would make sense as to why they sound “quieter” to me. They’re not as in your face.

Yup and the FH3 have forward bass and vocals as well, so its extra in your face lol.

From the FiiO, FH5s FAQ (No. 9)
200 hrs. of burn in

Found this interesting when I saw this headline hit my inbox from Apos…

Fiio’s all-new IEMs shatters expectations!

The FiiO FH5s breaks with tradition for an all-new IEM experience. Where most IEMs are closed-back, the FH5s is semi-open. Where most IEMs confine you to one tuning signature, the FH5s gives you options. Eight of them. Get ready for subverted expectations. Get ready for something completely different.

Looking to try out a pair of Fiio IEM’s and saw these sexy things pop up, how is the soundstage on these compared to say the FH3’s or the FD5’s?

Soundstage = FD5 > FH5s > FH3.

1 Like

Thanks for the insight I ordered the FD5 and FH3 for good measures!

Just for shiz and giggles how’s the soundstage of the Mangird Tea Vs Fiio FD5? I likely won’t order the Mangird cause it’s not available for Prime shipping but I saw you giving it high remarks on the FD5 thread :grin:

1 Like

Was just going over the Apos page, and couldn’t help but think that those switches are gonna be a nightmare to @ZeosPantera when it comes to reviewing them.

They dont affect the sound that much though.

That’s… pretty much pointless tuning then.
I am again happy I haven’t jumped on them

1 Like

Yeah, switches in iems are pretty much always just gimmicks… no matter what the official graphs seems to imply…

All the same. We’ve all seen how it pisses him off. Makes for great entertainment, but when he’ll be ranting on about how now it’s like he has to review 8 different iems at the same time.

1 Like

flc technology flc8n says hi with 36 combinations. :joy:

Here’s a review of the FH5s

On Facebook, the author says that he’ll be revisiting the FH5s; as he wasn’t aware of the recommended 200 hr. break in.

1 Like