FiiO FH5s 2DD 2BA

Probably to make the mids more natural in terms of the timbre compare to the FH3 for example.

And I want a word with Sony. I keep hearing about all these nice earphones that apparently make, but all i can buy is the basic shit…
I think I will get a single DD as my next IEM. I feel like I sometimes hear some weird stuff wit the FH3 and I want to know whether it has to do with it being a hybrid / not having great timbre.

@Resolution the FD5 also has the venting, does that also alleviate all pressure issues like the FH5S does?

1 Like

EX1000 and EX800ST are great single DD´s, IF you use EQ.

I wish the FD5 nozzle was a bit longer and an edge of the IEM body digs into my ear. Those are the fit issues I have with the FD5. The FD5 also is a bit low mid forward for my taste. I prefer the Zen to the FD5. I don’t experience pressure issues with the FD5 either.

1 Like

I wish the nozzle of the FH3 was a bit shorter, so that sounds good to me I guess. I’m not importing stuff from outside the EU for a while, my previous endeavour was not a huge success and it sucks to deal with duties and not being able to return stuff.

1 Like

Nobody went for a white one? Yall disappoint me ;p

I did ask for the silver version, but got told that they only sent out black units for us reviewers.

I saw them at Penon!

I tired to order the white/silver ones but they were out of stock. Only black was available for me.

At Penon? Wow, already… Why even advertise that there are 2 versions, if you only make 5 of them…?! * _ *

Oh sorry, didn’t realize you were talking about penon. I ordered mine from aliexpress.

Get it, boys!

So I got my pair in today. I can hear what @Rikudou_Goku was talking about with the cohesiveness being a bit off between the ba’s and the dd’s. Also with the timbre being a bit off. Would a wider soundstage make a headphone/iem sound “less” detailed per say? They sound almost quieter? compared to the fh3. I’m not sure how to really describe it.

Not in my experience, but it does generally make imaging a bit worse (think of soundstage as quantity and imaging as quality, increasing one of them will usually sacrifice the other, like in a scale).

I think you arent using them at the same volume, the FH3 is a lot easier to drive since it got lower impedance and higher sensitivity.

Ok that explains what I’m hearing then. The extra stage makes so the imaging moves aren’t as in your face as the fh3 is. That also would make sense as to why they sound “quieter” to me. They’re not as in your face.

Yup and the FH3 have forward bass and vocals as well, so its extra in your face lol.

From the FiiO, FH5s FAQ (No. 9)
200 hrs. of burn in

Found this interesting when I saw this headline hit my inbox from Apos…

Fiio’s all-new IEMs shatters expectations!

The FiiO FH5s breaks with tradition for an all-new IEM experience. Where most IEMs are closed-back, the FH5s is semi-open. Where most IEMs confine you to one tuning signature, the FH5s gives you options. Eight of them. Get ready for subverted expectations. Get ready for something completely different.

Looking to try out a pair of Fiio IEM’s and saw these sexy things pop up, how is the soundstage on these compared to say the FH3’s or the FD5’s?