🔶 Fiio M15

Or else horrible things will happen.

I can almost tolerate a high-volume blast with over ears, but it feels so much more aggressive when you have iems in.

I don’t even want to think about it. I’m having a physical reaction to this thought and it’s not a good one.

1 Like

The good news is it’s a mistake you don’t usually make twice

1 Like

Another thing to point out. It took me about 7 tries to successfully scan all the tracks from my 512gb card. There is an annoying bug where it will report as complete when its not, and you can only fix it by removing and reinserting the sd card to start the scan again. I was missing hundreds of tracks, so it was impossible to see where the scan failed, but for full disclosure they do allow you to scan files/folders individually so its easier to see where things went wrong if you added to your library incrementally. I’d think starting fresh with a full 1-2tb sd card may be a test of patience

1 Like

Lastly, I’d recently found a newfound use for the THX 789 once I started using iems more. That’s basically what I’ve reduced my use of the 789 to-a desktop iem port because of the low noise floor. I will continue to use it for the Atlas, but my neutral/treble leaning iems will get much more use on the M15

That’s something that should not happen on devices.
More likely headphones or iem are on different position or some audio setting has been changed.
Maybe been to noisy environment etc. Multiple other things.

Anyways. Looks a bit of a “flaw” in my mind UI side.
Minor changed or updates would have made it grand.

Got my Hart cables today with 4.4 interconnect so I can run my Focals balanced off the M15. I’ll repeat all the praise everyone has given @brux. I wasn’t sure how this system worked until had it in my hands, and it’s as great as everyone says it is. 4.4 balanced with Clears and Elex with hi gain and over ear settings and the Focals are both giving me way more slam than I was getting before

1 Like

Made my own review, if you’re interested.
Complained significantly about ergonomics and physical interface.

1 Like

Anybody got thoughts on m15 vs kann alpha?

I hadn’t checked in awhile, but UAPP is now supported on the M15. So happy to never have to use the Tidal app again