FiiO UTWS1 Official Thread

I agree it’s a great concept,I own the mee audio btx1 so absolutley there is a market. To assume fiio released a product with the basic specs because its innovative is naive in my opinion, they’ve been releasing like products for as long as I could remember. The fact of the matter is the first batches are always beta testers ,that’s why the floor noise is high and the specs are basic.

idk, people using wireless are already satisfied with its sound quality lol. maybe thats the market

If your talking a bout the fiio ,you re wrong people are complaining about the floor noise being high. I think the price is what is making this item what did you call it "new and revolutionary ",lol.

i’m going more from Zeos review of them

Lol ,zeoz himself talks about the floor noise being high , I believe he even cautions people who have sensitive iems. Do you even own the fiio utws1? Or are you just regurgitating reviewers talking points?

You mentioned me saying their revolutionary. Thats why i quoted it. Zeos said they were revolutionary. thats what im saying. I wasnt talking about noise floor

What about the rest of the question?

There is no way it will power the P1

1 Like

Final E5000 and 93dB. I didnt like the pairing so I put on my Shure SE215 until I find something better.

Just to be clear…these aren’t the end game of wireless. I use the BTR5 for HQ “wireless” sessions. I use these when I go on runs, mowing the lawn or construction. I wouldn’t pair them with anything too high end or you would be disappointed. This is the reason I stopped using the E5000.

I need to find a decent pairing for them. I cant figure out if I want the Blon 03, Shuoer Tape, Tin P4, etc.

They have a long way to go, but for $45 they do the job. If they break, I’ll throw them away and get a new set.

1 Like

Just got these today, and after a quick charge I’ve been listening for a few hours. They are exactly what I was expecting, flaws and all. The pairing was easy. Comfort was initially an issue, but that only lasted a few minutes. I don’t always need to wear glasses, and the frames on the ones I own are relatively thin, but the comfort was the same for me either way. YMMV.

I am using them with the JVC HA-FD01. I had to work on the initial fit, but once in they seem to work well. At max volume, they are just under my normal listening levels on my M15, which is ok. I plan to mainly use these for podcasts and occasionally music, and they seem like they should be good in this use case. For critical listening, I don’t think it’s surprising that you’re better off with a cable. I agree with @The3rik that they won’t power a P1. So far the noise floor isn’t an issue for me, but as a fan of tube amps I may be more forgiving than others. I will get around to trying them with my Andromedas to see how bad it is on sensitive iems, but the JVCs are more forgiving so I started there.

I think a lot of work needs to be done for this to be “the future”, but I get why Zeos would say that. I’d spend a lot more for a similar device with better performance, but for $45 it should keep expectations in check. Hopefully they do well so more money is put towards improving the tech

2 Likes

I was about to update to say that I am still using these daily with the JVC HA-FD01s, but it looks like they are selling for almost double what I paid for them. At $45, these are great. At $85 I’d still probably be happy with them to be honest considering how much I’ve used them, but they’d be tougher to recommend. I’ve used them for podcasts about 80% of the time, and probably half that time I’ve only used one ear.

1 Like

How did the Andrómeda chandle? Was it a hissing festival?

I never ended up trying, and ended up getting rid of the Andromedas so I can’t check now. I’m sure it would have been there with them though because they are so sensitive. I’m mainly using the UTWS1s for podcasts and youtube videos, so the sound quality hasn’t been an issue for me. I don’t notice the noise much though to be honest. It’s almost never present on the JVCs, but I do like tube amps and I have learned to ignore the occasional hum. If it was there all the time or even just sporadically I would have more of a problem with them, but they aren’t as bad as cheap bluetooth devices I’ve used in the past by any stretch

1 Like

Have you used the mee audio btx1? If so how does the noise floor compared to those? That’s one thing that annoys me the hissing. That’s why I decided on getting a dap. I was using my dm6 on my note 8 . Man those iems are sensitive 16ohm I believe so yeah I wasnt happy . But the fiio does look like a nice alternative to the mee audio i asked about, i really dont have an issue with it quite frankly.

I haven’t tried the btx1. I probably would have avoided these also to be honest if not for the positives I was hearing. I don’t actively look for bluetooth gadgets, so usually I have to be sold on one before I’d purchase. The great reviews plus the price ($45, not whatever its being sold for now) made it an easy decision

edit: I still use wired headphones/iems 95% of the time. These get maybe 4-8 hours a week at work when I can’t block out everything around me

I’m the same boat I use bluetooth only when I’m at the gym ,the rest of the time I’m wired. Thanks for the feedback anyways

1 Like

I got these today, ordered them purely out of curiosity. First impressions aren’t great. I’m completely fine with the sound quality for the price and ease-of-use of these devices, my problem is they have a lot of connectivity issues in my experience. I can pair one side (doesn’t matter which one) and pair the other afterwards, but the second device (again left/right doesn’t make a difference) keeps disconnecting the signal. At first I thought this might have something to do with the positioning of the source device, and although this did also cause issues, after sitting completely still with the phone in one spot the signal still keeps cutting out.

Do I have a faulty unit? I can’t imagine this being a “feature” people aren’t mentioning in their reviews/impressions.

That’s odd. Mine worked fine out of the box, but bluetooth can be fickle. If it happens every time then its probably faulty I would think, especially if its always the 2nd device. I use an iphone X if it helps any

1 Like

I had that difficulty with the TRNs, but the FiiO was perfect on three separate phones. What device are you pairing?