šŸ”¶ FiiO x Crinacle FHE Eclipse

No needs to lessen the bass, its not a basshead iem ,basically it has an anemic sound

I donā€™t want to lessen the bass or tame the highs I want the opposite, I m kind of bass head , I just want to know if the btr5 does that so Iā€™ll know which dac/amp to choose with it to at least keep the bass and treble as they are or make it even more , and if anyone tried with the balanced output on the btr5 , how does it sound ?

Donā€™t buy this overpriced :poop:. No body of sound. Absolutely no midbass slam. But the highs are the most horrible : Harsh ,metalic, unnatural, fatiguing. Ridiculous.

1 Like

Well, I am on the opposite side. The more I listen them, the more I like them. Thatā€™s the beauty of this hobby. Different music, different tastes, make different preferences.

I think itā€™s just preference, I donā€™t find anything ridiculous or horrible on them. You just donā€™t like them, and thatā€™s perfectly fine. I think they are great, considering that they are on the 149$ bracket.

1 Like

how can you tolerate these screamig highs ? What kind of eartips you use ?

I am using the Azla Sedna Earfit Standard L size. These are supposed to be on the bright side.

I use a Hidizs S9 Pro dongle DAC connected to my Android phone. I listen music on Spotify.

I like warm and dark sound signatures, like the Modhouse MKIII, the Campfire Cascades or the Audeze LCD2Classic. I consider myself very treble sensitive.

Can you give an specific example (song and moment) that you find too screaming?

1 Like

Every track is harsh in which has high notes or cymbals. Every track lack of midbass. No midbass bleed ,because no midbass . Bad bad tuning. Try Blon BL01 for 15 dollars rather. The BL01 can push the bass at low volume, the fiio canā€™t.

Ah that makes alot of sense, you are after big boomy bass and strong mids and no treble, if thats the case stay as far away from Be/Be coated as possible as the main reason for using belelium is for thightness and control.

Actually if you can still find it sony XBA-N3ap might be your golden ticket.
There is also senheiser IE300 but that one is super out of the general price range of FH:E

Do you heard the fhe ?

No but I do have the FH3 and based of my friends impressions of his FH:E the midbass slam is certenly there but its alot cleaner and precise then the blon memes which is why Iā€™m guessing you think there is no midbass since it doesnt last long enough and cover enough of the upper mids.

1 Like

Your friends ever heard the Sennheiser or the Sony ?

Show this to your friends
https://hbb.squig.link/?share=Fiio_X_Crinacle_FHE,BLON_01
The fiio is clearly much better technically, itā€™s not question, but who cares if the fatiguing screaming armature highs are allways there.

Noted. Oh I cant do a one world reply. But yeah there is no reason to show the graphs when we have the BL01 and FH3/FH:E and just A/B them. Just stick to Blon products then.

1 Like

Oh the Blon timbre is more fun than the boring fiio. And the blons treble peaks less painful than the fiioā€™s armature peaks. Thatā€™s why the FHE is a sad missed opportunity .

This is kid of a strange argument as the Blon is clearly above FHE everywhere in the treble and then a huge peak around 9k. Not sure what the graph comparison is supposed to prove.

On the topic though, are you getting a good seal with FHE? I have FH3 and use SpinFit CP100 on them. Maybe you are not getting a good seal which usually causes ā€œbadā€ treble and lack of bass?

2 Likes

I have all the sednas and spinfits,etc. I think i have a good seal. The fhe sounds with some basstrack like an endgame iem, blow my head off. Sometimes sounds like a peaky 5$ KZ :slight_smile: The stage and details really good for the price on fhe , better than 7hz Timeless i think from this point of view. The clarity and speed going for the Timeless,but the soundstage and imaging going to the FHe.

I have CRN and i feel the same way about the lack of mid-bass. This is typical Crinā€™s tuning. Itā€™s so lifeless and boring, lacks slam.

For the treble, when I joined this hobby a lot of people were recommending FH3. Now a lot of people complain about the treble and the bad timbre.

Blon had not the best tuning and the bass is usually slow but the upper treble is always well executed. Bright and detailed but never sibilant.

1 Like

The way you describe it (lack of slam at bass, and shrilling treble) , it really seems that you have bad seal. Have you tried the original tips? I have found them to be quite good. No complains at all.

The foam tips do reduce the treble. The original, full grey, seem to increase the slam.

Like all IEMS, these show differences with different tips, but itā€™s not going to turn good a bad IEM.

However, bad seal, can ruin the IEM. I am on the L/XL side, but I have read people saying that they were having a bad seal because they were using bigger tips than those that they need.

Letā€™s be real. These are not Beyerdinamic. Thereā€™s no shoutiness in the graphs, the (few) reviews around have not detected that, my experience is not that. I would like to read more reviews and experiences, but at this point, it might be that yours are defective, or thereā€™s some problem on the tips, or the sound chain. I assume that you have other IEMS to check, so you donā€™t have any EQ applied or sound effects (Windows might be tricky with that).

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you find the highs smooth now, but regardless i have a good seal. I use AzlaSedna Earfit L size now like you, but I have good seal with the spinfit360 and with an Acustune tips and with the tri i3 stock too. I still sold some cheaper iems with knowles armatures because the fatiguing trebles. I have 3 good dongles, im waiting for my tri tk2 now. Look this ugly 3K peak :

2 Likes
1 Like