šŸ”¶ FiiO x Crinacle FHE Eclipse

Itā€™s for me ?

I am not an expert on EQ reading, but I donā€™t think that peak can ruin the whole IEM, as you said. You could try EQā€™ing with something like Wavelet:

In any case. You should stop buying IEMS with balanced armatures as drivers. It seems they are not for you. Maybe you are sensible to upper mids, and you need something lower there, kinda the Z1R, The Blon Bl03ā€¦

That upper mid elevation brings a lot of instruments and voices alive, they feel clear and detailed (if the driver has the capability). I mean, thereā€™s a reason why so many targets have an elevation there (in general all the neutral targets, but also the Harman Kardon), but that doesnā€™t mean anything. Itā€™s like people saying whatā€™s the right amount of salt you have to put into your meatā€¦ Itā€™s just a preference, not exact science.

If I were you, I would just sell them and move on. It doesnā€™t seem that anytthing will save them for you. But, again, I consider it to be a matter of preference, not something bad or wrong on the IEM.

Okay, Iā€™ll sell everything. The Fiio Fhe is your first iem ?

Nope, as I have said before, I have the Thieaudio Clairvoyance since they came out, one year ago, as my reference point.

I use IEMS only when I am outdoors or when I am traveling. On headphones I like bass, warm and dark sound signatures. I have the Audeze LCD2Classic, the Campfire Cascade, the Fostex Ebony and the Sennheiser 58x, powered with the Schiit Asgard 3.

In terms of IEMS, after my experience on headphones, I skipped the mid-fi bracket, by going from the Blon Bl03, the Tin Audio T2 (I like them both), and the Nuforce EDC 3 (used mostly for calls), directly to the Thieaudio Clairvoyance.

I liked the Clairvoyances for rock, acoustic, classic, and almost every genre except for electronic music. And electronic is what I enjoy the most. From very chill and ambient, to hard techno. The Clairvoyance where too neutral. When I pushed the volume the upper mids where too hot, they become fatiguing very fast. That improved a lot by EQ, pushing bass up, and mids and treble down. It still have a lot of detail, and it makes electronic music much more enjoyable.

Thereā€™s a Crinacle video about free upgrades for your iems, doing EQ, that explains it very well. Wavelet and the Hidizs S9 Pro Dongle, makes more than enough for my listening experience with the Clairvoyance.

Then I bought the FHE, just out of addiction to the hobby, to try new things and because, fucked up bass with neutral sound signature seem something I would like to try. And certainly I think these IEMS are special. For 149$, I am enjoying music very much. I really donā€™t waste time thinking about the IEMS.

With the Clairvoyance a lot of times I think ā€œwow, these IEMS sound greatā€. With the FHE a lot of times I think ā€œwow, this song is greatā€. I donā€™t know if that makes sense. Itā€™s more a feeling than something rational.

5 Likes

Now that Iā€™m trying different IEMs and different eartips I notice that I have a better fit/seal with monitors with a short nozzle. I struggled a bit with the FHE because of this. Now Iā€™m wearing them with the Azla Xelastec tips and Iā€™m not having major issues. In my experience the Spinfits Cp100 and Cp145 didnā€™t work well with this IEM. YMMV, though. We all have different ear canals and remember that this IEM arenā€™t custom made.

Weak bass,almost that fatiguing highs like the fh3:

And he use my screenshot :slight_smile:

ā€œweak bassā€ but itā€™s literally 10db more than the mids and most of the highs lol

1 Like

Just ignore him quoting from Intoit the lowend is ā€œelevated and more well controledā€ and more subbass focused.

Same thing with the treble being more relexed and well extended then the FH3.

He basically wants Blon bloom type bass and lack of treble extension.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with the treble extension, but this bass is softer than a planar bass and lack of impact. The treble quality is cheap KZ level. Youā€™ll see when you get this shit :slight_smile: This fox masked influencer will never tell you the truth so thank me for being honest :slight_smile:

wait so basically you are retracting that Intoit Reviews is a reliable source now that people actually watched it?

Talk about biased.

But serously the only thing I have close to kz would be the cca c10 pro and the eclipse is no where near as harsh or bright. You could make a case with the FH3 but even then FH3 has so much better control and timbre its not even funny.

Also its cute how you think we dont have access to the eclipse.

Do you own the fhe ? I donā€™t know.
The fox said, the bass less bombastik and the treble less fatiguing than the fh3 . Its mean shit bass ,shit highs. But he canā€™t say it like that for his friendā€™s earphone, what he gave for testing from Crinacle.
Iā€™m sorry for my opinion and donā€™t try to twist my words. Thanks.

The review seems pretty good overall, you are starting to sound biased here.

You made a bad purchase, just stop being negative, move on. The IEM is not bad, you just did not like it.

Funny enough, he showed your screenshot as independent measurement, when itā€™s a HBBGAR screenshot, to mention where the treble goes down, when Crinacle has is resonance peak always at 8k.

You made a bad purchase too, stop being positive and move on. This forum is not for praising this sh*t :slight_smile:

If i want to be positive then I have to say, the fhe has a very good technicalities for the price,very good stage and details,clear vocals , i like the separation most. Its not a basshead iem , but some tracks sound wonderful on it in low volume(!) If the high notes dont sting knifes in your eardrum.

I did a bad purchase? Yeah, thatā€™s why I am enjoying music several hours every day with themā€¦

INTOIT recommended the FHE, and said that it was in his top 3 list in the 100$/200$ bracket. Then you post the review misquoting him, implying that he said it lacks bass, when he did not say that. Also he said that the Fh3 has smooth treble, and this is even smoother.

At this point, you just seem salty. It doesnā€™t seem good faith, so, again, you can do your thing, I am just moving on. Enjoy.

1 Like

I figured this would be the next step to you lying about something, goodbye and enjoy your well tuned basshead iem with smooth highs :grin:

1 Like

:thinking:

Iā€™m not an expert but i believe that the lack of pinna gain emphasizes other frequencies.
I have the problem with CRN. Very flat pinna makes the treble over emphasized even if itā€™s not on the graph. Just my 2 cents.

ouch, if your FHE graphs like that SuperReview set Iā€™d be a bit upset too, my FH3 already has a bit of an audible ~5khz peak so (considering the same BA drivers) that particular FHE would be unlistenable for me

that said Iā€™m sure that is not the intended tuning especially considering the few other graphs out there

1 Like

Have a pair of these. I think they are decent. The fit is great (I have had a few IEMs with fit that I would consider unacceptable - Tin Hifi T2, Shouer Tape). The build is solid.

The sound is decent, very enjoyable in certain genres (electronic stuff), but maybe a little ā€œdryā€ for general use. You would never describe them as lush. I had similar feelings about the DT770s, though I prefer these.

1 Like