• Noise floor: 4uV
  • Codecs: SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX Adaptive
  • Support up to 24-bit/96kHz
  • BT mode: BT 5.2, Third-gen TWS
  • Noise cancellation: Yes, CVC
  • Water resistance: IPX4
  • Battery: 800mAh, up to 30 hours, 8 hours single charge

1 Like

Looks cool, wonder how it compares to the last one.

If they take the QC issues seriously from previous model I think it will be great.

MMCX, 2pin or both?

The announcement on the “other” site (that shall not be named) rmentions both mmcx and 0.78 (2-pin) connectors.

“other” site? There a forum rule or expected etiquette I overlooked or is it just a shitty site your don’t wanna direct traffic to?

He’s referring to FB… vile scum of the internet, the bottom feeders of the web, the heretic of technology, the violators of oculus, etc etc :smiley:

2 Likes

:nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:
I think your being way to generous… but I’m not nearly creative enough to come up with language offensive enough to describe TwitFace.

1 Like

It’s not Facebook anymore it’s “Meta”… lol

The announcement on Head-fi.

1 Like

anyone received it?

I got it shortly after christmas and so far I’m pretty impressed. Build quality is good and they’re comfortable to wear. Only thing that sucks is that there’re no transmitter yet which support adaptive aptX. So if you’re planning to use these on your windows computer like I do, you only have SBC or regular aptX.

Has anyone had a chance to compare this to the new KZ AZ09 Pro?

I’m really looking for more info and comparisons against this. Should I be looking at a different device?

Are these bloody things real or unicorns.
Can’t find any site that has them in stock…they’ve been on pre order since January and still no sign of them.
Is the chip supply a problem maybe?
I contacted fiio to ask when they’d be available but no response…nada, zip out of fiio!! :angry:

Prob have to brace Aliexpress just got mine and they are pretty decent pairing with iPhone wise. With supported Qualcomm you’d got LDCH I think? By ways of comparison, I’ve got iBasso CF01, ikko itb05 that utws05 stands well against both, just edged out CF01 & less colour tuning than itb05

Yeah…had to bite the bullet and order from the Fiio shop on AliExpress…cant seem to find them anywhere else

In stock on audio46. Just bought one.

finally got my hands on a set…mightily impressed…worth the wait.

Yesterday first time taken UTWS5 for busy commuting (was on an easier line prior since using it) and on the packed platform I experienced the worst ever connection issue in any BT device (even compared to those £20 BT cable). Constantly got interference and dropping in/out connection. I’m on the 1.4 firmware

Other than this, and the small storage compartment, can’t really fault the product. Couldn’t test LHDC provided by the 1.4 firmware as no android machine available in hand but that should help with improved sound quality