Final Audio E series

Yeah I may take a shot at the e5000 in the future, but for now these e3000 are really great. I think the shape of them probably turns people off to them, and I’ll be honest I was skeptical. Wasn’t sure if I’d ever get a good fit with them, but after a few tip experimentations, I got them perfect. They’re so small and light, once you get the perfect fit it’s like they’re not even there.

2 Likes

yeah I agree about the fit being just right and idk much about the iem world but ive noticed final audio tips are highly regarded… I decided to try these because of the size and shape actually lol … anyways glad youre liking them :beers:

1 Like

Ok so all the E series seem to use the same 6.4mm dynamic driver but the impedance and sensitivities vary…what sort of juju do they conjure to achieve those differences from what appears to be the same shell/body?

the good sort :ok_hand:

1 Like

No idea, just tuning I guess, some are open back, some are closed. There’s also the e500 which I’m not sure if it’s brand new, or old or what, but seems like very little information about that one.

So we have…

Out of curiosity I went for the E4000 they should be here Thursday :smiley:

4 Likes

You did what I wanted to do, haha thanks for that.

1 Like

thanks for the graphs

1 Like

And our DMS’s review of the e2000 and 3000…

1 Like

Arrived a day earlier than expected :smiley:

6 Likes

Looking forward to your impressions

Gonna listen to them over the weekend…but the biggest first impression is the sound stage, man for such a small set it’s pretty amazing…Yosi’s spaces has a lot of errr space and imagining is good too :+1:

2 Likes

Interesting, and those are closed back too aren’t they?

I noticed a similar thing with the e3000. Very good spatial recreation for an in ear

Yes indeed they are which I guess is even more surprising but then again i’ve never heard an open iem lol :man_shrugging: but that’s what hit me first along with gosh these are so so light, easy to fit with a good seal to boot…but the missus did say she could hear what I was listening to though.

1 Like

Awesome, may need to give those a try next

A/ B’ing between the Reecho Spring 1 and the 4000’s (similar price points) with Yosi’s Timbers…the 4000’s produces a noticeably wider sound stage L to R (neither are good forward or back) imaging seems a tad tighter on the springs so maybe a trade off? but I do like both :smiley:

2 Likes

Final is great. The E3000 is really solid. The E5000 is my favorite pair of IEMs. However, they are difficult to power and the fit is tough sometimes. I had custom molds fitted and they ruined the sound. I don’t recommend doing that.

From what I understand the even series (2000 & 4000) is dark and the even series (3000 and 5000) is warm.

The D8000 Pro is great too. I see big things from them going forward.

2 Likes

I won’t say the 4000 was dark, it delivers what I’d call an arena/speaker type sound like if you’re at a gig ten seats back where as the Spring 1’s gives you a more studio like sound. The 4000 bass rolls deeper and has a slower decay where as the Springs don’t go as deep but it’s faster with a quicker decay both sound good…Mids go to the Springs the guitar on Joe Walsh’s Life’s been good to me is spot on but mid vocals are a tad forward, where as the 4000 mids take a step back, they’re there but not so in your face, kinda more relaxed I guess you’d call it…with highs on Kate Bushes Sensual World track the spring has more detail, probably due to a more elevated treble response? this isn’t a problem for me but some people may find it a bit too much? (EQ if you wish) The 4000 has a calmer and smoother treble, maybe at the expense of detail? but would suit people offended by a somewhat forward treble.
Sorry I can’t compare with any of the other Final series but I like 4000’s they’re going nowhere lol :smiley:

2 Likes

Call me a heretic, but my E3000 sound pretty damn close to my DT770’s. Now I am not saying they sound exactly like them, but switching from one to the other gives me a similar sound signature.

1 Like

heretic!! lol kidding… I can sort see what you mean… imo the 3000 has a very slight v shape where the 770 has a much more aggressive v shape… so maybe that’s the similarity youre hearing

that said I think the 3000 has much smoother more musical (and less elevated) highs and the 770 has much greater sub bass performance

similar but also different I suppose… the e2000 has a more aggressive v shape than the 3000 so if youre chasing the 770 sound imo the 2000 would be closer