Final Audio E series

A/ B’ing between the Reecho Spring 1 and the 4000’s (similar price points) with Yosi’s Timbers…the 4000’s produces a noticeably wider sound stage L to R (neither are good forward or back) imaging seems a tad tighter on the springs so maybe a trade off? but I do like both :smiley:

2 Likes

Final is great. The E3000 is really solid. The E5000 is my favorite pair of IEMs. However, they are difficult to power and the fit is tough sometimes. I had custom molds fitted and they ruined the sound. I don’t recommend doing that.

From what I understand the even series (2000 & 4000) is dark and the even series (3000 and 5000) is warm.

The D8000 Pro is great too. I see big things from them going forward.

2 Likes

I won’t say the 4000 was dark, it delivers what I’d call an arena/speaker type sound like if you’re at a gig ten seats back where as the Spring 1’s gives you a more studio like sound. The 4000 bass rolls deeper and has a slower decay where as the Springs don’t go as deep but it’s faster with a quicker decay both sound good…Mids go to the Springs the guitar on Joe Walsh’s Life’s been good to me is spot on but mid vocals are a tad forward, where as the 4000 mids take a step back, they’re there but not so in your face, kinda more relaxed I guess you’d call it…with highs on Kate Bushes Sensual World track the spring has more detail, probably due to a more elevated treble response? this isn’t a problem for me but some people may find it a bit too much? (EQ if you wish) The 4000 has a calmer and smoother treble, maybe at the expense of detail? but would suit people offended by a somewhat forward treble.
Sorry I can’t compare with any of the other Final series but I like 4000’s they’re going nowhere lol :smiley:

2 Likes

Call me a heretic, but my E3000 sound pretty damn close to my DT770’s. Now I am not saying they sound exactly like them, but switching from one to the other gives me a similar sound signature.

1 Like

heretic!! lol kidding… I can sort see what you mean… imo the 3000 has a very slight v shape where the 770 has a much more aggressive v shape… so maybe that’s the similarity youre hearing

that said I think the 3000 has much smoother more musical (and less elevated) highs and the 770 has much greater sub bass performance

similar but also different I suppose… the e2000 has a more aggressive v shape than the 3000 so if youre chasing the 770 sound imo the 2000 would be closer

Is it sacrilege to rec Spiral Dot tips over Final’s on a Final product?..Don’t get me wrong, Final tips rock and one of my go to’s, but the Spirals work better for me on the 4000’s…they open up the mids/upper mids a tad leaving things less cluttered, especially giving female vocals more space and detail…Bass is still solid and the treble doesn’t seem to be elevated…well worth a tip juggle if you have Spirals imho :+1:

1 Like

They are still 1a and the final tips are 1b :wink:

1 Like

I’ll have to give them a try. I’ve been using spinfits on my e3000s.

1 Like

Not too sure about 3000’s v’s 4000’s mate, but the spins and final tips have circa the same sound “sig” all be it with a different texture and feel imho… but it can also depend on what spin tip length you use…I mostly use the Spin CP145.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I’ve heard as well, I’m using the cp100.

e3000’s were a miss for me, did like the size but wow they just sound muffled like the blanket analogy, will have to read through this thread to see if the 4000’s fix this

E3000 were muffle for me at first, but they are extremely tip and fit/placement dependent. I use the large tips and just moving them around and experimenting with placement was a night and day difference.

3 Likes

What source do you use?

The E series (especially the E3000/E5000) need a lot of juice from the amp.

I do not recommend the E4000 at all, too expensive for what it does. The Ibasso IT00 is better and cheaper.

3 Likes

That including the channel imbalance and driver flex issues that seem to constantly be getting reported with the IT00?

The channel imbalance has only happened to 3 people so far. I myself got my replacement and it does not have that issue.

Driver flex depends on your ear canals, but the IT00 does have much more report of people getting it. It wont damage the iem though, just a bit annyoing.

So yes including all that I still rec the IT00 over the E4000.

1 Like

I use the large as well and I tried and tried, maybe I’m just used to the Legacy 3’s by now, I just could not get them to sound un muffled

BTR 5, Apple dongle, monoprice usb/dac amp. Stuck with those as those would be for my specific use case, just wanted cheap for work but I couldn’t get over the blanket imo, Legscy 3’s are my usual

…was about to ask you if you are using it balanced on the BTR5.

Then remembered that the cable is non-replaceable… :sob:

That might be the issue, since the SE port of the BTR5 isnt very powerful

Or what you are describing as “muffled” could just be the warmth of the E3000 which you dont like.

The L3 does look much brighter because it has less mid-bass and more treble.

1 Like

Yes SE out, and that cable bend at the ear I could see becoming a problem. Thanks for these graphs, pretty positive it’s that difference at 2k I must not be a warmth guy which is ok, just helps me decide where to go, thanks again

1 Like