First IEMs - IEMs comparable to HD6XX?

Hello!

A user of these forums suggested I come here to ask for recommendations for any IEMs with a sound profile similar to the HD6XX. These would become my everyday headphones with ~6 hrs usage each day.

Primary use: gaming (fps with importance to directional audio), music (edm/heavy rock/rap), work

Budget: $150-$350 (prefer around $150-$200 range unless there’s a significant improvement at the $300+ range)

Thanks for your advice!

The HD650 is a pretty neutral-sounding headphone with bass that rolls off and a veiled treble that is still quite detailed. It has a unique mid-range focus. I’m not sure how it suits the use cases you outlined.

If I had to pick an IEM that I thought was similar to the HD650, I’d probably say the TinHIFI T2 or T2+. Both are much cheaper than your specified budget. Then I’d use the remaining budget for two other IEMs for your remaining use cases, one with better imaging for gaming, and the other with more bass for EDM and Rap.

2 Likes

The Aful MagicOne has tuning similar to the HD 6XX. I own both.

But as the first reply said, the HD 6XX would not be my first choice for EDM or rap.

2 Likes

Very valid point. I’ll take a look. Thanks

1 Like

The Aful MagicOne seems nice. Do you prefer one over the other? Or which use case do you have for each?

Magic One sounds pretty close to it, and the direct upgrade to the HD6XX would be the Softears RSV with better treble and vocal air

But for gaming and EDM, grab the SIMGOT EM6L which is similar to the 6XX (also very comfy and not big fit wise)

6 Likes

Mainly horses for courses. I use both of my daily driver IEMs – the Kefine Delci and Aful MagicOne – as all-arounders.

But the Delci is better with more bass-oriented music such as EDM, rap, hip-hop, funk. The MagicOne is better with classical, acoustic, folk, Americana, indie rock. I think they’re about a push for classic rock, hard rock and alt-country.

Glad I own both. Wonderful sets.

Yea I think the Softears RSV may be a down the line purchase haha. I’ll check out the SIMGOT EM6Ls tho

1 Like

I ended up getting the AFUL MagicOnes but unfortunately the cable isn’t long enough to reach my amp on my desk. Do you know if they offer a longer cable or if that’s even a thing? I looked around and emailed their support but haven’t heard anything.

A standard extension cable should be fine.

2 Likes

Sorry, I do not. I use the stock cable, which is pretty damn short!

I’m an idiot… Why didn’t I think of this… thank you…

2 Likes