FIRST SPEAKER AMP - Not quite sure what to go with

I know Z has said the Topping sounds just like the PA3(which @M0N has praised), and could actually live up to the rated power thanks to those freaking massive transformers.
On the other hand, Emotiva has the headphone out capable of crazy amounts of raw power, and at least the headphone out has a warmer sound signiture(which I tend to like, but I also fuckin love TUBES :drooling_face:

I think both will serve you well for what you want, pick the one that falls within your price requirements based on what else you need too.

I made the call…

@WaveTheory I pulled it off… RIP my wallet

1 Like

Happy Birthday @BluJay614, good health always and congratulations on your new purchases!

Nice! I am excited for you. Looking forward to your thoughts once it’s all up and running.

Out of curiosity, is there any suggestions as to how to go about doing this? For example, anything to be mindful of or avoid doing?

don’t go to deep if your using power tools. otherwise not really if your taking it all off. its paper thin might peel up some as you do it, no worries. shouldn’t hurt the wood under it.

go gentle and easy so you get an even finish.

edit: and watch out for the front baffle! you do not want to hit it at all as i doubt it comes off

What if rather then going with a different veneer, I tried plastidip? Or could that change the tonality of the speaker?

nah shouldn’t affect tone

edit: i would still hand sand a little to rough it up so the plastidip sticks better

1 Like