Floor-standing speakers

Any chance you’d want to double up on these for home theater as well? I have good experience with Klipsch RP-280FA.
I’d give a strong recommendation to Klipsch for fun, energetic, dynamic (for rock, edm, etc). They are easy to find, frequently on sale, and easy to flip as well.
I’d keep my eye on Adorama often.

@Veritas Klipsch would be preferred, was more wondering what other line of klipsch besides 8000
no home theater, just music :foot:

Ah, well the 8000 would be my top pick out of the floorstanding klipsch, perhaps the RP-6000F if you wanted something a bit cheaper. I think you could look into finding some used klipsch heritage speakers (but those get pricey for your budget)

awesome, ill check em out.
this is the only Klipsch remotely near me lol

floorstanding speakers are sold single because there are 3 channels in the front so you can timbre match. and because they are big and heavy and easier to box in single units. they also tend to be expensive. ie i can buy 1 now and 1 later to have a pair at some point.

The klipsch will rock for you. better than the svs imo. i have heard good things about zuu, but nowhere to listen or try personally, but if M0N recommends, its probably good =)

1 Like

The older gen klipsch are good, but personally I think it’s worth it to get the newer 8000 or 6000 imo, as I think they are a solid step up.

what m0n says is the LAW

I can agree for the most part, unless you give the svs a better amp, then the svs shine. The ultras are awesome with the right amp

yes get this generation unless u want bleeding high’s. they finally opened up the back on the tweeter on this generation and it sounds way better imo. i have r-15m and r-51m, the 51m’s are much smoother on the high end.

Z has a guide on floorstanding

He recommends Klipsch KF26 Icon & Klipsch RP250F

The older klipsch are more traditionally tuned, where the newer klipsch are much more fun tuned as well, along with better build and technicalities

2 Likes

i can attest to that!

That guide is old, and he hasn’t heard the newer klipsch floorstanders either. Also he really liked the rp600m as well which is closer to the 8000 or 6000

8 months with the matching center and 2 svs subs. But for music, you don’t really need a sub. Unless you are a bass head.

i wish he’d update the guides …

2 Likes

those are the less refined high’s generation. those can get “shouty” the newer ones you can place the tweeter facing you and not get blasted by treble blitz.

Well his new guide is supposed to be the main hifiguides (not the forum), but he really hasn’t updated it/worked on it

1 Like

i need to sell my current speakers
if anyone is in the market for mb42x or pair of Sony SS-U54AV lmk lol. should i try ebay to sell?

also is the main difference between most of these Klipsch speakers the driver size?

I would try both local options and stuff like ebay.