šŸ”· Flux FA-10/FA-10 Pro

Good to know, which did you order? :stuck_out_tongue:

Havenā€™t ordered yet, still waiting for reviews on volot. Got so much hope for it, but Iā€™m afraid it doesnā€™t deliver.

I googled Volot and random stuff showed up. What is their site and which amp?

They havenā€™t officially released it, but there are so many hype building around it. You can see the thread for the FA-10 and FA-12 in head-fi and the thread for Volot in head-fi. Many said itā€™s a giant killer. To be honest with you, it feels too good to be true, but weā€™ll see if it delivers

It costs several thousand dollars. Not sure how itā€™s a giant killer. ā€œGiant Killerā€ generally refers to something ā€œcheapā€ thatā€™s better than something expensive. Maybe it kills itself? And nobodyā€™s heard it (because itā€™s not finished) so how would they know? People say a lot of dumb shit on the internetā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the biggest thing lol, itā€™s not even anything people have heard yet, itā€™s like looking at a prototype car and claiming itā€™s going to be the best of the best on the road, like on what basis is that claim being made???

1 Like

Exactly. The build pics are impressive and I doubt theyā€™ll make a piece of crap but likeā€¦letā€™s hear it first before proclaiming itā€™s the next coming lol.

1 Like

Definitely excited to hear one when I get the chance to, but just like the other flux products, so far their capabilities have been vastly overstated (depending on where you look), good amps, but a whole lotta hype that they donā€™t live up to imo, but I bet the volot will be pretty great

2 Likes

did you ever hear the pro version yourself? what do you think?

No, have only heard the fa-10 and fa-12s so far

mannnnā€¦ i dont want to return my v280 but you know i have to when headphones play with correct channel balance on my tablet, so i may hop on and i may also be dissapointed, i dont see how it would not just be a straight downgrade but i havenā€™t read much, i just started reading. it would not be a problem waiting for a v280 replacement but i didnt find my ODAC and i dont want to sit with nothing for like a month or whatever, for now iā€™ve reduced the gain on the right side in peterā€™s EQ APO

Did you try contacting vio support?

The fa-10 would be an overall downgrade from a 280 unless you had something like an he6 possibly, but otherwise it would be a noticeable step down

Yeah that is irritating, your best bet for the time being would be to adjust balance in software

yap, they thought it was a lower volume thing while i was in the 6 and up towards 12 depending on gain setting which is what i told them, havenā€™t heard back yet, contacted the store i bought them from as well, havenā€™t heard back yet.

fun fact, 1db really does sound like double the volume which is what i have it decreased with, not sure on the details but it was something like, the loudness of the volume does not lineary increase with each db gain like you would expect with math, not sure how much there is to that but thats what a youtube video showed me and it is also what it sounds like to me. If you decrase one of your channels by 1 you may experience something different

yeah not gonna be an option then, thanks. may just have to use my onboard PC audio then lmao, that will be something else

I received the amp a long time ago, but I only got to listen to it recently. The Pro version sounds noticeably more detailed across the entire range. The high-frequency range is more accentuated and articulated. The low-frequency range has also become more concentrated and faster. But I would not say that the sound of the amplifier lost its fullness or became completely cold. I can say this is what I needed.

2 Likes

Woohoo itā€™s finally released! The Volotā€¦ looks like they had to cut the pre amp capability.

1 Like

2 Likes

I started a thread specific to the Volot here: Flux Lab Acoustics Volot. Would be nice if we could get some discussion going about this amp. I have one on order and canā€™t wait.

what dacs are people using with the FA-10? :eyes:

New limited edition FA-10 with entirely redone internals (honestly should have just called it the FA-100 then to avoid confusion but cā€™est la vie)

FA-10 Limited Class-A Headphone Amplifier (fluxlab-acoustics.com)