šŸ”¶ Focal Clear Mg

Havenā€™t tried it on any amp that makes them brighter, but I would say yeah not a good idea to use anything of the warmer or colored category amps least not in my opinion

1 Like

Youā€™re kinda making me want to get something like the RNHP, even though, like you, Iā€™m really not a fan of the look of it, lol. I do like what I hear with the Jot2, but like you said, Schiit amps are known to color the sound.

I canā€™t make any comparisons to a ā€œcleanerā€ amp like the RNHP, but on the Jot 2, if Schiit is ā€œcoloringā€ the sound then so be it, itā€™s a color I enjoy.

7 Likes

Custom OIDIO cable arrived for the Clear MG today.

10 Likes

Nice! Iā€™ve got another 4-5 weeks for my custom cable from Hart.

1 Like

I always enjoy reading the contrarian opinions. As someone who has not taken plunge into the $1000+ segment. Its nice to read both sides. I wrote a recently wrote a post describing my journey into a %90 end game build. In your opinion what are some headphones to consider in this price point?

@Resolution & @alphamarshan since we share the same chain, you guys have convinced me to order the MG pro. I found an open box deal on Moon audio. Also ordered a Blue Dragon 10ā€™ cable as well. The 5ā€™ I just got is just to short for my needs and will be for sale once I receive the 10 footer. I do like the cable a lot or I wouldnā€™t have ordered another.

4 Likes

Congratulations. I hope you love it.

1 Like

Awesome! Let us know how it goes, but I really think youā€™ll love it also.

1 Like

Have there been confirmations the clear MG pro and clear MG are in fact the same headphone? I have heard some reviewers stating ā€œfocal says they are but I canā€™t confirm yetā€, but I havenā€™t seen any testing on it yet.

Not a lot of differences here :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

They are not. One is black and the other is brown. One comes with a 3.5mm and XLR balanced cables and no extra earpads. The other comes with a 3.5mm and 1/4" coiled cable (most pro audio gear incorporates this connection type) with extra earpads. There are additional cosmetic/finish differences as well.

1 Like

As has been saidā€¦Focal earpads $$$ vā€™s XLR balanced cable $-$$ and spray paint pennies lol

1 Like

Just one more reason I went with the Pro (black is my favorite color). I already have 3 aftermarket balanced cables for FOCAL headphones. The extra pads are much more important to me than an extra crappy FOCAL cable that Iā€™d replace anyway (although the new cables are slightly better than the erlier generation). $200.00 ear pads are pretty ridiculous I must say.

2 Likes

I think what @Joost_Eijkenboom means is are they the same in terms of their sonic performance and tuning, to which the answer is yes. They are aesthetically different, and the accompanying accessories are different, but they sound the same according to Focal.

2 Likes

I know, I agree.

I know, I agree.

I was having a little fun. I donā€™t know how many times it has been stated here and around the internet that the Clear MG and Clear MG Pro are the same headphone. Just as the OG models were.

I was pressed and pressed about this on YouTube last night where someone wanted proof that this is the case since they didnā€™t want it to be true. So Iā€™m a bit sensitive to this whole thing right now.

ONCE AND FOR ALL EVERYONEā€¦ THE CLEAR MG and CLEAR MG PRO ARE THE SAME HEADPHONE!

1 Like

Yes. Fine. But that doesnā€™t answer the question thatā€™s on everyoneā€™s lipsā€¦

Are they or are they not the same?

Kidding.

1 Like

lol, They areā€¦ but not. But then again, theyā€™re not, but are.

1 Like

If it werenā€™t for the fact that Iā€™d cry after doing it, Iā€™d sent you my pair of non-Pro so you a/b them side-by-side and use that as definitive proof to for people, lol.

Iā€™m more concerned that the actual manufacturer of the headphone says theyā€™re sonically the same but that doesnā€™t seem to be sufficient enough evidence for a lot of people lol.

ā€œI mean they say that but has anyone tested it?ā€