đŸ”¶ Focal Clear Mg

It is ok to buy headphones by the look alone??? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Beautiful photos. Is the color actually a green?

Looking forward to your impressions.

1 Like

Nope. It’s an obligation. lol

2 Likes

This will probably help to actually see the color a bit better:

4 Likes

It is a bit hard to describe the actual color, it more like brown-greenish. The metal have some green like color. But one thing I can say for sure: it looks really amazing.

2 Likes

Here is a bit more photos under different light:

5 Likes

Absolutely. I love the silver/metal honeycomb piece. I hope you don’t mind, but I took one of your beautiful photos and tried to modify the color more similarly like what I saw in the video. Do you think this is more real to life? Gorgeous photos btw if I didn’t already mention. lol

4 Likes

The reddish tone is coming through more clearly on this last photo. In the video, it almost looks grey similar to the original.

So per the video content, my takeaway is the FOCAL Clear MG and Clear MG Pro are identical headphones and drivers again.

I think it is very very close. But it a bit weird if there is no much light it looks a bit green, but if you add more light it will looks almost identical to your picture.

Thank you so much. I am new to the audio and this community and very happy that you like it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Absolutely. Welcome to the Clear MG family! :slight_smile: If you’re interested in sharing your photography and photography skills, we have a thread here to discuss
 Photography (advice, tips&tricks or simply to show off your photoskills with/without audio gear)

Thanks, I will send a bit more photos there :slight_smile: I am diving very deep into the rabbit hole, so need to get my SMSL stack and small some tube amp (which just arrived) and test it with the headphones :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dam, that’s sexy! Time to start saving my penny’s.

Good lord those are sexy headphones! They might be the best looking ever.

2 Likes

Scared to ask, how much are replacement pads?

1 Like

Around $200.00.

3 Likes

That is for the old Clear.

2 Likes

Curious on the sound differences. The stores here don’t have them yet

1 Like

This was linked somewhere else but thought I’d link again. Not saying I fully trust this reviewer as I haven’t watched much of his stuff
but at least he does go into some detail and has a FR posted during the vid. Again, not sure how accurate his FR is based off what he used to measure.

1 Like

I really liked the black/red
but I’ll admit that this color actually looks pretty damn nice too. Not my typical color preference
but this just works. It’s interesting that the MG Pro would have an extra set of pads but no XLR cable and yet charge the same price?? I’d rather have the extra pads considering the 200 cost of them. XLR cable you can get much less than that.

2 Likes

Agreed. I prefer the Black/Red color way, and the extra pads are a nice bonus.

One of the first things I did after deciding that they’re a ‘keeper’ was to order a balanced cable. I found the stock cables to be passable, but prefer something a little more transparent.

Looking forward to everyone’s impressions. :+1:t4:

1 Like