đŸ”¶ Focal Clear

Keepers? 
:face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

yeah, prob gonna sell the HD800S. Crazy how i didnt think that would be the case at first. The Clears have body and depth that the HD800S doesn’t. The HD800S sound thin and wide. The Clears just have more musical character. More enjoyable. And thats comparing them off a good pairing for each. Tube for 800 and rnhp for Clear.

I think my initial thoughts came from being use to the HD800S for so long.

Saying the HD800S is thin is in comparison to the Clear. I still like the HD800S though. Its a cool experience. But i feel like the Clear should cost more than the HD800S. Their prices should flip haha

5 Likes

Yeah, they’re definitely a great headphone.

I think with the 800s’ you’re paying for the detail (which the Clear have) and that infamous soundstage.

I haven’t heard the 800s’, but I’m happy with the Clear. They’ll be residing at my desktop setup.

3 Likes

I have a pair of 800s coming my way, but I know going in that they won’t be my daily driver. I own more expensive headphones than the Clears, but they are still in regular rotation for me. $1500 is a solid price for what they deliver, and even better if you can find them for less. I got mine for $900 or $1000 new. They had a sale the past two Septembers, but I don’t know if they will have another this year for sure.

2 Likes

You can typically find them open box/ used great condition for that price too

1 Like

Looks like it was $1000:

1 Like

Yeah I picked up my new clear pros for 1250 shipped. I wanted the darker color for longevity.

4 Likes

I like the look of the silver, but I totally would have gone with the Pros if they were on sale at the time.

2 Likes

Yeah I really like the look of the gray too. I wish focal made a darker/gunmetal gray pad for them. And a black version for the pros

2 Likes

Like peanut butter and jelly
And somehow I can hear The Imperial March

6 Likes

I love the grey look to the clears much more. Black and red are ok but the grey looks very classy

1 Like

I agree. But the gray pads and headband get worn down quicker. Wish they made darker gray or black pads.

2 Likes

Well visually at least, they should last the same because they are the same material

2 Likes

No I agree. Just talking color wise.

I prefer the black and red myself. :man_shrugging:t4:

It’s sexy

3 Likes

The should make a clear in gunmetal gray with black pads. Sold!

2 Likes

I think the new (?) gunmetal Empyrean looks awesome. Way better than the green version. I actually like it better than the newest black versions.

1 Like

I hate red, so the grey were my only choice. Maybe I’ll buy Utopia Pads since that’s the only difference between the Focal lineup is the pads, lol. :wink:

3 Likes

I actually thought about trying out the Utopia pads eventually as well. Plus it’ll make the clear 3/4 Utopian hehehe

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s the ONLY difference, but there are measurements that show they make a difference. :laughing:

2 Likes