🔷 Focal Elegia

I will try, but the change over takes a minute plus, so it is kind of hard. Of course I did it for stock vs sheepskin, so it can be done. :grin:
Next week.

1 Like

I wasn’t trying to imply right away - I figured you would want to take some time and get a feel for each. I was just hoping you’d share your feedback after several days with each.

Oh, I will be using them next week. I am sometimes too judgemental. Every new product is immediately judged against the previous one. :grin:

1 Like

The Ltd. Edition Stellia pads certainly make a very nice difference with the Elegia’s. I wanted to buy them a while ago, but they were out of production. I ended up buying a set of Dekoni sheepskins. They certainly bassed it up, but they did change the sound a bit. It was a worthy mod in my opinion.
However, the Stellia pads are a different ball game. With these I am still getting the Elegia sound, but it is a bit fuller and a bit bassier. This is an awesome upgrade for $100.00.

I think this will dampen my enthusiasm for a Celestee/Radiance upgrade. More importantly, I will give them another head to head with the Beyer T5’s.

2 Likes

So finally got mine in, So far very impressed…
right now trying them out with different amps, but the IFI Zen Can’s Xbass adds a little bit of bass kick

5 Likes

I feel personally attacked.

Love the Hart Audio cable! I have one plus 1/4" and 1/8" interconnects for my amp and PC respectively.

@LeDechaine LOL!! Spot on! This is exactly why I have said “enough”. I have what I have, it all sounds good to me, and THAT IS IT! No more going down rabbit holes spending money that can be better spent elsewhere. Especially now that this useless idiot in the white house is destroying everything he touches.

Oh, and the Elegia? I took the periapt cable that I originally installed on the HP-2 and moved it over to the Elegia. Much nicer fit and it sounds great on there. These things continue to impress.

1 Like

As with any tool, you can break stuff with it.
I have a compressor in line with the sound device that handles everyday use. It is set up in such a way where it does not touch the signal 90% of the time. It is just there to protect me from some filthy hobbiyst not setting their intro music to an appropriate volume.

I would like a nice parametric EQ, just for those Speedcore tracks that will otherwise produce ear-piercing treble. Or to give that one song a little more punch in the bass.

My whole setup is connected to my PC via USB, i use Soundswitch to switch between the different stacks, each one is a different “flavor”

Topping E30 + A50s - Neutral and clean
IFI zen DAC + Zen Can - Warm and bassy
Topping D10 Balanced + Loxjie P20 - Slight Tube-ness :smiley:

1 Like

Question, whats with the tape/cellophane on the headband?
p.s. i’d give it a little love with a nice headphones stand :smiley:

1 Like

I normally just put them in the case, the cling wrap tops the headband from discolouring

1 Like

I hear you on the covering. I was actually using the felt cover that the headphone shipped with for a while until I could find a good headband cover! Whatever works, man.

And well done on the cable. I was wondering where you got the 3.5mm connectors from. Out of morbid curiosity, are you going to cover the wires that lead to the cups, or is this the final form? Either way, well done, Sir!

1 Like

Haha thanks theyre just neutrik 3.5mm jacks I ordered from a local supplier, could have covered the cables in heatshrink or paracord for extra protection yeah

I was just wondering. The way I see it, if the cable works well and sounds good, you are good to go. I’ll take function over form any day. I love the DIY vibe it gives.

1 Like

So after almost 2 weeks of listening gotta say i absolutely love the Elegia :smiley:
i was a bit worried when i hit the “buy” button, but they defiantly worth every penny and then some (i got them slightly used for 450$ off amazon).

Question, what did you pair your set with?

so far my favorite is my IFI zen stack with Xbass, Warm and fun and the Xbass add that bit “Omph” in the bass i love without making it bloated or muddy

ive tried them on Hybrid tube (Loxji P20 + Topping D10 Balanced) while it was warm and nice i felt that the “tubeyness” mellowed out the treble a bit too much that it loses some of it’s energy

Also tried them on a “clean” stack (Topping D50s + E30), while it sounded great and clear AF, i felt like it felt a bit too clean, and i missed the warm and the bass kick that was in the IFI

1 Like

They do LOVE the iFi bass boost. Now, if you could just find a set of Dekoni Stellia pads (discontinued). That is max Elegia. I have even stopped thinking about Celestee/Radiance upgrades. :grin:

Sheepskin? fenestrated ?

Neither. It is a specially made pad that has been discontinued. I bought mine used.

I tried the sheepskins, which made It bassier, but changed the sound.
I was going to try the hybrids before I stumbled on to the used Dekoni Stellia’s.

The hybrids have sheepskin outer, fenesteated inner and soft surface for your ears.

1 Like

@ShaneD you gonna buy another pair?

5 Likes