šŸ”¶ Focal Elex

Huh, it actually ships in a somewhat reasonable time, not like 3-4months after the drop lol

its limited to 200, do you think they will sellout fast? Iā€™m thinking maybe i should wait on my ebay purchase of the elex. Maybe a bunch of people will buy them new, not like them, and put them up for auction. Then maybe i can get them for 300$ barely used! :smiley:

Then iā€™ll wash the pads in a bowl and disinfect the cups and headband and they will be fit for use :grin:

That could perhaps happen, but I think the opposite will happen instead, where it will be scalpers selling for more then they bought it. Also think the cheaper end you could get it used is around 500 usd, not 300

2 Likes

They dont ship to NZ ><

pushed the button and bought these new from Massdrop. should get them in a week they say, hopefully.

2 Likes

Nice, hope you enjoy them :+1:, Will be curious to see how you think they stack up

Also since I remember you being concerned about the price of pads, massdrop did have replacements for $60 usd a pair, but itā€™s not going right now

1 Like

Oh yes! pleaseā€¦ I will buy like 2 or 3 pairs. lol

Idk when they will be dropping again (if ever lol), but it did happen

Theyā€™ve only ever sold 199 of them tooā€¦ lmaoā€¦ I guess they are pretty stingy with these.

Are you finding you prefer the Elex over the Phantom?

i dont understand why they are selling them at all. they undermine the elear and maybe even the elegia. Some people say they sound like the utopia.

i would think the elex completely crushes the phantom. even with the mods.

I just ordered it from thie latest Drop. So havenā€™t heard it yet. Iā€™m not a Phantom fan.

1 Like

I think they are about similar to the elegia but have the more exciting signature. If I had to list out the focal line, for technicalities, from worst to best, elear, elegia = elex, stellia, clear, utopia

For my personal enjoyment from worst to best, elear, stellia, elegia >= elex, utopia, clear

1 Like

That was what I expected based on reviews and videos. That wasnā€™t my experience, but Iā€™ll be interested in FBizzleā€™s thoughts once he gets his in.

I would say they arenā€™t super comparable, and what you would want would depend on what you prefer

1 Like

why do you like the elegia over the elex mon?

Because itā€™s more impressive to me, having a pretty neutral closed back that sounds that good. Most people would prefer the elex, but I think the elegia is a bit more revealing

Elex vā€™s Phantoms?..apples and oranges surely?

2 Likes