šŸ”¶ Focal Elex

I got it for $225. I can live with that. Unless the pads Drop again, thatā€™s $150 and the spare driver and the experience of taking it apart is almost priceless. Hell, maybe I can fix it.

2 Likes

Does anyone have experience opening up the Elex? I know there are tiny screws under the ear pad, but I canā€™t make out what they are.
TYIA

Hello there I was thinking of buying a pair of these I currently own the HiFi man sundara do you think these would be the next upgrade for me? I am currently using a magnius and modius thanks for your input

I think they are a large and very pleasant step up. And you will be surpised at the amount of bass.

I have never owned the Sundara, but the Elex is an outstanding headphone.

Thanks guys for the input what are your thoughts on refurbished? I have only bought new and open box headphones before but drop has the refurbished of these for 575$ or should i just play it safe and by new

I would only get the refurb if they carry the same warranty as new.

awesome thanks for your input yeah they donā€™t come with a warranty according to drop

1 Like

Without a warranty, you may want to look for a used set. Iā€™ve found that most people in this hobby take really good care of their gear. I almost always buy used, and have run into very few issues.

2 Likes

I second this

Elex pads are available for the first time in like two years. Iā€™m going to try them out on my Clear.

Focal Pads for Elex Headphones | Audiophile | Headphone Mods | Drop

According to Drop, the quality control issues should be resolved.

Before shipping out to customers we tested and compared samples from this batch against those from a 2018 sample. We compared materials and construction to ensure they were identical. The new samples were also weighed to get an average of 20.63 grams.

Our reference sample weight is 20.35 grams giving us confidence this batch had been made to the correct standards.

2 Likes

Yup, bought a pair for my Elears too. $75(with shipping) is still expensive for a pair of pads but still cheaper the OEM ones.

Do we have any idea or indication when the Elex might next be on sale? I recall around last Black Friday the Elex was ~$500. Are there any sales that Drop typically offers before next November rolls around?

I have never seen them at that price. I bought mine over a year ago when they dropped to $600.00. $500.00 for these would be a screaminā€™ deal, IMO.

I rmb in Black Friday last year it was 550USD. The Drop refurbished section had it for around the same price too

1 Like

Iā€™d take ā‚¬650 for my set with 2.5 balanced, Focal case and additional second set of New set of padsā€¦if anyoneā€™s intrested.

1 Like

Does anyone think that itā€™s possible to make yourself a voice coils for the elexā€™s oh anyone knows what gauge wires does the voice coil use?

So referb elex came in the mail today. Iā€™m a little bummed the right driver is DOA. Hopefully Drop will take care of me.

1 Like

That really sucks, I really hope things go well with Dropā€™s customer service. I also bought my Elex as a refurb from Drop and I fortunately havenā€™t had any problems so far.

2 Likes

I got a referb pair in with only minor cosmetic blemish on 1 grill. Good sound. Really digging how clear the treble and upper mids are for a dynamic, it has sibliance but due to the snappy transients it is very tolerable for me. They decoded the lyrics for staying alive so thatā€™s an accomplishment in my book LMAO! Also they do really well with well mastered, prog rock, orchestral, vocals etc. Very versatile and trades blows with my 95x while being different and still fun/neutral. :slight_smile:

1 Like