đŸ”¶ Focal Elex

How long do you think they will remain that price? id love to buy these but im waiting on a christmas bonus check to come in first.

I would guess the next week or so as a Black Friday sale. Of course I could be dead wrong.

Well my second pair of refurbished Elex have died. Looks like I’m going to be opening them up to diagnose. Hoping it’s broken connections and not a driver issue :disappointed:.

I sold my Elex after I started hearing reports of clipped drivers last year. Too risky to own these now IMO with so many options these days.

Mine were refurbished so I can’t complain to much and doesn’t scare me off of focal bit I wish I could get parts if need be.

I replaced mine with a hd600, hd6xx and hd58x for around the same cost lol. Just waiting for them to get shipped to me.

I really wanted to like focal.

Already have them lol. The elex has move of a w shape in sound presentation that I really like
FML lol

I hear you, it’s a real shame with their quality control.

If I can’t fix these I will try a clear out and if those burn me I’m done.

1 Like

Tough break! I have had mine for a year and a half and they are awesome. I have gone through a ton of headphones but can’t ever imagine selling these. If they do ever break down the road, then I will probably get some Clears.
I just got some Elegia’s yesterday.

Buying refurbished is always a roll of the dice.

Most places I don’t have issues with refurbished, bit now I have zero faith in drops refurbished program.

It is weird that I am leery of refurbished, but think nothing of buying used. :laughing:

1 Like

Lol if buying from this community I would trust used over refurbished as well.

All of my used buying has been on CAM (Canuck Audio Mart). I believe there is an American version too. You can look at everybody’s history, but of course nothing is guaranteed.

I have had some disappointments, but nothing serious. I also sell lots of stuff on there from my “ever evolving” collection. :grin:

I’ve sold and bout stuff on headfi Wich went sooth since people can see your ratings there.

Doesn’t really work me as I am in Canada. The availability and selection is much better, but when you factor in shipping and currency conversion the prices aren’t that great.

Yeah totally understand that, I grew up just south of the Canadian border and would see some weird stuff happen to avoid taxes.

1 Like

Used mine from July 16 2020.
No issues yet. Still liking em alot, no need swap/upgrade. :sunglasses:

2 Likes
7 Likes

Just got a set of these off eBay. I’ve seen many comment about about units dying after a certain period of time or some sort of fault on these. This set has a damaged right driver and are going back; I can hear rattle/distortion. What have been the issue(s) other people have experienced with this can?