šŸ”¶ Focal Elex

Do you think it is as technical as others mention?

Give me a couple of days to listen to them and break them in a bit.
Iā€™m always unsure if I understand what technical is in this context, my initial impression is there is a lot of detail, soundstage is very solid and quite wide.

Massdrop has the Elex pads up for sale (Shipping April 2020) these donā€™t drop very often and are a much better price than the Clear pads.

1 Like

Yeah came here to mention the same thing. Wonā€™t ship for a whileā€¦ but these pads usually cost $200 from Focalā€¦

Itā€™s a pretty good idea for elex owners to pick up imo

Just did. I wonā€™t need them for a long time, but future me just saved $140.

1 Like

Any elex and m570 user who can share their comparison between the two.

1 Like

Will Monolith 788 portable work with ps4?

Is it worth upgrading from the 6xx?

I think so imo, but you do loose the bit more relaxed sound. I think itā€™s worth it

1 Like

So would they kind of sit between the 6xx and 1990 in my setup?

I think they would in soundstage and relaxed-ness. I think they have more detail than both and the dynamic range is larger. I think itā€™s a good addition imo

1 Like

I have a couple of questions.

1. I know the elex is technically superior to the 58x, but will one enjoy and get as lost into the music with the elex more than with the 58x? I.e. Will I nod or toe tap more with the elex?

2. How does the elex with elear pads compare to the Clear? I heard that it improves them and makes them come very close to the clear. Is that true? Does anyone have any frequency graph comparisons?

Regarding the 1st question I would say yes but that really depends on the person lol.

For the pads, it does adjust the signature closer, but I donā€™t think it replicates the clear, as the clear is more than just frequency response. Also tbh most people seem to actually prefer the more fun signature of the elex.

i asked Drop to refund me 100$ for the sale and they did it. Iā€™m sure you can too Polygon

Just read this whole thread but want to make sure that thereā€™s not any new info out there.

Any pads out there that take the drivers a little bit farther away from the ears that donā€™t mess with the sound in a negative way? A little wider soundstage is okay.

Or any other mods to make these a little less likely to move around on the head?

Regarding the pads, the focal headphones are very dependent on pads and most pads will change the sound one way or another. I think dekoni makes some elex pads, but I personally donā€™t recommend them because of the sound changes, but some do like them

You might be able to do some things to the headband to prevent them moving, but I donā€™t know it people have done mods for that

I missed the boat on pads. My nonchalant, passive attitude cost me. I under estimated the demand/stock for these as they sold through.

1 Like

Yes they were only up for about 12 hours, reading between the lines it looks like Focal dictated the limit.
Iā€™m going to guess they donā€™t like cannibalizing the sale of Clear Pads even though they are supposed to be slightly different.

yeah, they are the same exact pads focal sells for $200ā€¦ for the clearsā€¦ so Iā€™m not surprised they are so stingy.