šŸ”¶ Focal Utopia

This thread is 60 replys. maybe we should make it into a official Focal Utopia thread?

Sure why not lol

So i went into the telegram chat and asked Zeos what he would recommend for a elex upgrade. he said the Ether 2. Anyone have one? whats its signature?

Thatā€™s an interesting but different choice. The ether 2 is pretty good. Balanced quick sound, good impact, very solid overall. I donā€™t think itā€™s as detailed or spatially impressive as the utopia, but I do think it might be a more chill headphone at times. Kinda think an arya but warmer and relaxed without the stranger presentation (from the larger drivers). Both the utopia and ether 2 are pretty awesome, just depends on preference, but I do think the utopia is the overall better headphone with good sources

so it is W shaped like the elex?

Not really, pretty dang neutral I would say. Itā€™s not lacking in any range, but itā€™s not w shaped imo, pretty linear sounding

The Utopia is more detailed than the Verite, correct?

They are very close, I would say wash imo. I think the utopia might be slightly more detailed but it can recreate space better imo

Edit: once again donā€™t agree with this at all anymore, the utopia is leagues ahead of the verite and not really all that similar on proper sources

ok, but i dont like a lot of soundstage. one of the problems i have with my Arya. too much soundstage

Ah, they both have similar width, I just think the utopia is more resolving in that aspect. I personally feel that if you like the soundstage of the elex, the utopia is something you would really like. The ether 2 is an upgrade as well, but itā€™s a different less direct upgrade and less of a step up than the utopia

1 Like

Doesnā€™t the Utopia have a smaller stage than the Verite? You may like the Utopia. You like detail, right?

It depends on the pads. With the angled pads it is wider, but with the flat pads they are about similar to the utopia in stage

1 Like

yes i do. very much lol. but iā€™m leaning more towards the Verite. ZMFā€™S stuff is so good.

4 Likes

Hey Guys! Check out my review of the Focal Utopia! I hope you guys dig it and have a wonderful weekend!

2 Likes

I might have to stop by your shopā€¦ It is just down the street and you know the whole shop local thing!! LOL!!

1 Like

ASR Utopia review

So, what would be the price barrier for the utopia, where itā€™s a must buy?
Anything under 2k?

2 Likes

anyone know how to tell if the utopia I have is a utopia 2020? Also what even are the differencesā€¦?

1 Like