Foobar 2000 setup - What does it look like

I was actually looking for this recently but didn’t manage to find much. Would like to know too.

There isn’t per se but it’s actually not hard to configure once you know where you’re going. A ten minute tutorial video is all you need. No matter what you get as a p reconfigured setup, you’re going to want to change things on it anyway so you need to learn it.

There are a lot of ways to look at whatever you want to look at… two hours worth of playing with things easy.

BTW, the thing I love most about it is how you can actually “see” the music in the spectrogram. Just like The Matrix.

1 Like

If the projector ive been waiting on goes back in stock im going to run foobar through it. hope They dont send call of the Quetzel bird through the speakers and i end up having a heart attack.

Here is my new…

4 Likes

I know this is an old thread but I’m bored and I’m also new here so this is my setup :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Welcome to HiFi Guides!
Looks good! The colors you chose for your theme look awesome.

My foobar is still broken (setup incorrectly) but I have managed to get the UI to what I kinda like

1 Like

1 Like

Really happy with my current Foobar2k setup. The only annoying thing is when there’s a missing album art cover.

3 Likes

Switch to CMUS and you won’t have that problem. :wink: :joy:

2 Likes

Here’s my setup: main window is shown up top, then some of the tabbed options. I’ve been evolving this setup for years. Have added new items as new plugins with new functionality (like recent youtube video window) have been made available.

2 Likes

Using CaTRoX’s theme currently, I like minimalism and dark mode.

2 Likes

this is what I’ve been searching for <3 Dark mode is a life saver for night owls like me :smiley:

Here’s me. I use a rating system to create autoplaylists of songs I especially like. What I really really really want is a way to total up the song ratings for a given album, and create a “score” for an album based on that. But doing it within foobar seems impossible (can’t interact with multiple tracks at the same time) and I don’t know enough about building databases or automating creating / writing new tags to MP3 files to do it outside of foobar.

3 Likes

Decided to do a little rearranging, though I’m not sure I’m in a final set up.

2 Likes

This is the one I use GitHub - catlinman/foobar2000: NekoRoX Foobar2000 Theme

Deviantart also has some good foobar themes. Explore the Best Foobar2000 Art | DeviantArt

2 Likes

There are parts of that look that I like, while others… Not so much. The color shift on the spectrum is nice, the multi-tone waveform seekbar is good, but the left side looks cluttered as all fuck to me… Kinda makes me think someone tried to rip off iTunes

Tried doing this on my phone, but the APK root location isn’t showing up.

1 Like

I’m always way too lazy to set up a nice looking layout and design but it works and I quickly find all my stuff

2 Likes