đŸ”¶ Fostex T50rp

Finally replaced my old pair! Forgot how great these sound. First mod, uhu tac. The result is tighter bass, smoother mids and less sibilance. Noticing a slight channel imbalance on the right cup. Maybe i can move the putty around to see if its effected by my application Or maybe im over analyzing? Might be overthinking it.

Edit: my driver was screwed back in upside down which explains things.

2 Likes

Anyone here using these with creative x7 if so is it strong enough
 If not should I hook these up to my inuke dsp3000? Oh what is the best way to increase the Soundstage I got the zmf pads coming anything else?

Update got them umm yeah X7 can drive them switching it to high gain but still limited volume does nothing passed 40% maybe they will get easier to drive over time , the stock head band really isn’t bad. Loving these better than the focal elegia. Haven’t tried them gaming yet.

It is WILD how different pads change this headphone, I likely report this as news to nobody here.
Dekoni Suedes for Shure SRH vs Shure 1540’s.
Suedes turned this into one of the strangest sounding headphones I’ve ever listened too.

1 Like

Just copy-pasting from my Moon 100D review. It could help some if their T50RPs sound like “exploded speakers” with higher-end DACs.

I got it. This is why it doesn’t pair perfectly with T50RPs “sealed” by leather or leather-like pads. Lows are so powerful and thick, sealed planar closed-backs try to push too much air at too many frequencies and can sound “like exploded speakers”. I’m using the Shure 1540 pads right now, not a problem at all. At the price of more sibilance but also way more clarity.

Be aware I’ve done this to remove treble and sibilance already.

As I said in my review above (more than three years ago!), Fostex T50RP’s analytical-ness can make em sound thin, even mechanical. I still agree with that. But I forgot to mention here that I got a Class A headphone amp last year and it changed everything. When you pair fast planars with a smooth Class A amplifier, IMO, it counter-balances, and therfore you get the best of both worlds: Detailed naturalness.

My T50RP’s are still rockin’. Still here to stay. Still the best headphones I got to enjoy both detailed and powerful drum kicks in energetic music. :headphones: :metal:

1 Like