šŸ”¶ Fostex T50rp

Headphone output of my AVR is 200 mV/47 kĪ©. I donā€™t know what it means in mW?
But thatā€™s enough for meā€¦ otherwise Iā€™ll go deaf fast, lol.

Feeding the fostex more power doesnā€™t only give more volume :wink:

Well, giving these less power gave me more discernible detail so I donā€™t know what to think about 1 watt yeet cannons. :stuck_out_tongue:

One day, one day.

So you do like more treble lol. Under powering them makes them a bit more lean and compressed imo

Definitely not haha (except for speakers, maybe! I have Fluance SX6s).
Anyway, yeah, Iā€™m already searching for solutions.

Also, what does ā€œcompressedā€ means? Lacking dynamics?

The dynamics are kind of squished (in this way I am using it). It reduces the dynamic range, and makes quieter sounds easier to hear and louder sounds quieter, and reduces the gaps between the quieter and louder sounds. This can make it easier to hear detail, but less natural sounding with a strange sound imo. There are more naturally compressed sounding headphones like the mrspeakers aeon and ether, but some like that sound and some donā€™t

1 Like

Nice, thanks. ā€œCompressedā€ for me only made me think about compressed mp3s. Different compression, heh.

Today I learned: Most people agree, Schiit stuff sounds constipated.

sorry. :stuck_out_tongue:

Was that part of their business plan??? Thats a really good way to put it lol

Hahaha :sweat_smile:
Sorry Schiit users lol. The joke was just too easy.

Maybe I can explain better than others. Compression is taking the loud stuff and making is less volume. That allows for more volume so you push the quieter stuff closer to the highest volume relative to the squashed louder stuff. Definitely watch a youtube video about it, its probably too vague without images.

Edit:
My audio engineering degree, gotta flex you know!

2 Likes

It also depends on what you are talking about regarding compression, as compression is different in the sense of what you are talking about, like dynamic range compression, audio file compression, gain compression, power compression, etc

also have some audio engineering training too lol

1 Like

I got my t50rp mk3 in mid June and they sound terrible, and what I heard from metal571 and others, I might sell them. I canā€™t stand the distortion, I donā€™t listen to them at all with Shure 840 or alcantara pads. Iā€™m thinking of selling them, and not taking them to modhouse to be converted to argons.

What are you powering them with, just curious

Iā€™m powering them with the Jds atom amp.

Ah, well yeah if you donā€™t like them I guess you might be better off selling them. If you donā€™t really enjoy them at all now, I doubt you would like the argons a ton

1 Like

That seems the case, crazy bass and soundstage wonā€™t fix that, nothing will to me.

I havenā€™t heard any distortion with mine. But I know rattling can be a problem with these. I hear a tiny bit of rattling from the right earcup, and thatā€™s with the sound too loud for me. I guess youā€™re not lucky.

Mine are here to stayā€¦

Hey any reccomendations for a better t50 cable. Preferably one that locks into the headphone.

Well it is a possibilityā€¦