🔷 Fostex T60-RP

These are brighter, not as open, but have a unique signature that’s interesting. They do require a fair amount of power (but your 788 should be just fine imo)

Has anyone done any pad rolling on these?

Pad rolling ?
As in pad change ? if so yeah I saw some ppl change them to Dekoni pads. Dunno about the difference in sound.

Does anybody know if Zeos is going to do a review of the Argon mod of these anytime soon?

Hey, so anyone with experience know if the treble is less harsh on this compared to Purplehearts or T20rp etc. Just curious if the wood helps with the driver. They look great so I’m leaning on getting a pair.

I’ll be honest, I had them and the treble can be very harsh depending on the recording mostly. Only reason I got rid of them. Only time I found them not harsh was only the highest quality recordings.

1 Like

Thanks, I needed that LOL

Yeah it was honestly upsetting to get rid of them because they are soooo pretty but when it came down to it, I found myself almost never grabbing them anymore because the highs were just too much for me

Am currently doing a little side by side between my T40-RP & T60s. The 60s have the comfort nod all over the 40s. BTW, no mods to either. The 60s have more pronounced bass. And a bit more air/space to the music on them as well. That said I still enjoy breaking out the 40s on occasion to remind myself of where the 60s came from. Never had the chance to hear the 50s.

1 Like

I just sent my T60s back. The squeaking hinges were so annoying. What a shame. I really liked the sound of them. But for 300€, here in Germany, I don’t want to “mod” them, so they don’t squeak :confused:

1 Like

How long did you have? Mine are fine, noticed it a bit at first, now forgot about it till this post. Maybe ZMF pads helped too here, but have been happy for $$ paid.

I had them 2 weeks. It was getting worse everyday. Most noticeable while gaming.

I got my T60RP’s in today. I have been curious about these for a long time, but they have out of stock or overpriced for a long time.
Recently someone posted about them in, I think, the deals thread. I was curious and checked Amazon.ca. They were not in stock, but were on sale for about $377.00 and destined to be in stock on March 2nd. I put them in my cart as I know how Amazon will screw with prices on a product once it know’s you’re interested.
I emailed Modhouse about time frames on an Argon conversion. I had hoped that the Zeos hype had died down. The response was 8 weeks, which I think is normal.

I checked my cart the next day and they had dropped to $337.00Cdn. I hit the buy button and got a response that they would be in stock March 2nd and delivered by March 28th. Sounded like a weird time frame, but I thought, “So what, it’s a long term project.”

Then I get an email Saturday evening stating they have shipped (Feb. 20). Lo and behold I get them at lunch time today (Feb.22). That is awesome service!

Plugged them in about an hour ago using my Violectric V220 as I don’t have a balanced cable. They are hungry. I have the gain on zero and the volume is at 2:00+. The sound is great!
Using my LCD-2 Classic’s on my Liquid Platinum they sounded good until I plugged in my Schiit Loki and started tweaking them. Huge improvement! More full range and more open.

But these sound big and open right off the bat. For an “entry level” ($299.00US) type of price, these are pretty impressive.

Mine are supposed to be here today…waiting patiently

1 Like

They have ARRIVED!

2 Likes

Used mine all day yesterday and will use them all day today. :smile:

I received a notification on Sunday that mine would not be delivered today. They have been pushed to 3/12 - 3/20 and hopefully not any longer. Maybe I should have ordered from the Canadian store.

Pretty sure I will be doing the same…

There must have been some pent-up demand.
Hopefully you get them before that. :crossed_fingers: