šŸ”· Fostex T60-RP

They def are impressive, I put some ZMF suede pads on them and a suede strap from modhouse, the comfort level is completely on another level. Donā€™t notice any clamp, could comfortably wear them all day. They are definitely fun sounding, with the pad swap you lose a little bit of intimacy, a little wider and the bass hits even harder, I REALLY enjoy it.

Hopefully. Its a bit annoying though because I see them come in and out of stock with ā€˜immeadiateā€™ delivery. That is most likely due to being offered by different sellers, but stillā€¦ Soon enough Iā€™ll be in the club.

I donā€™t understand why everybody changes the head strap. The stock one is pretty thick, but it feels just fine to me.

I bought these to Argonize them, but it sounds pretty good as is. I would like more soundstage and a touch more bass, but I wouldnā€™t want to lose the detail and the clarity. And I donā€™t want wooly/muddy bass.

To be frank itā€™s because I have a fat sensitive head, thatā€™s why I changed the strap. Suede is softer and helps the headphones, ā€œhang off,ā€ rather than, ā€œsit on,ā€ my head; makes for a more comfortable / less fatiguing fit for me.

1 Like

Anyone heard these on a ifi can? LG v60? Liquid spark? I am considering a used pair and those are my ampsā€¦ Also at reasonable volumes how bad is the sound leakage? In Zā€™s video the sound is pretty clear but it seems like he had them cranked.

I used mine on my LG V30 and the sound was pretty good, except there was no bass.
I like them on my Violectric V220, but they suck up a ton of power.

I didnā€™t try them on my Spark, which I run in the office.

1 Like

Probably a little late, but just got these a few days ago. Tried them out on my liquid spark and ifi hip dac (donā€™t have a Zen can). Both have no issues powering the T60ā€™s. Liquid spark im listening between 9:30 and 10:30 generally and with the hip dac on high 10:30-12:00 (12:30-2:00 on low gain). I prefer either the liquid spark or the hip dac with xbass on for aittle more ā€˜funā€™. Overall though I think the spark does a better job than the hip dac. The can should do just fine I would think.

Before getting the Argon version (I am in Europe) I am considering buying the regular version. I read a lot about QC issues on webshop reviews, but most of these seem to be from a year ago. Do they seem ok now, or is it still a lottery whether or not you get a good one?

I bought a set from Amazon on sale in February and they were fine. Better than I expected actually. But I was still curious about Argons. :smile:

Thanks, Iā€™ll start looking for a shop with good return policy. Probably Thomann.

6 Months inā€¦ Damn it, why is Zeos always right?

Iā€™ve paired mine with a Fiio Q3 (yep, it drives them well enough), although I hate the fact they charge you for a balanced cable, which I do recommend you get.

I donā€™t know what I would do without them. Music is tight, light, bouncy, heavy, meatyā€¦ whatever it needs to be, it reproduces it amazingly well. And thatā€™s the key, we want our components to give us the best version of what you like to listen to, and for me, I can see no reason (apart from maybe some Argon like mods later on) to change things for now.

Worth every Ā£ or $ youā€™ll spend on them, imho.

2 Likes

Bought a set of ZMF Suede pads and Iā€™m really having a time getting them installed. Seems like there is too much material on the back to get them to go in the little ring.

Anyone else have this trouble or have some insight for a Pad Changing Newb?

Paul

Did you buy the oval suedes? Mine came installed on the Argons.

They really are super comfortable!

I put the same pads on my t60s and through guidance by others in here they informed me that you can stretch to lining that attaches to the headphone and that did the trick. Donā€™t hulk it up, but they can take the stretching and you should be good to go

@ShaneD
Yep, bought them thinking it would be a wonderful, comfortable and easy upgrade.

@Multibeast
Thanksā€¦I may have just turned chicken a little quicker than I would normally have but I felt like I was gonna tear them up.

1 Like

I felt the exact same and fortunately got some reassurance from the community that everything was gonna be ok

1 Like

@Multibeast
Thanks for the input brother. I feel better about it now.

1 Like