Funny Picture/GIF/Video thread

For me?
Both.

4 Likes

I LOVE that my collection is ten times bigger than it has ever been in my life and it all fits in my pocket, phone or DAP! :+1: :+1:
I just canā€™t give enough thumbs up for how cool this is!

6 Likes

can a straight recording of an LP into high end FLAC sound as good as listening to an LP natively?

I Really, Really donā€™t get the love for vinyl. I grew up in the 70ā€™s. Vinyl sucked! It was always getting dirty, getting scratched or warping. And when it was working perfectly, there was an ā€œsssssssssssā€ to start every song.

I am floored by all this fake nostalgia (to me) and what people are paying for vinyl and things to play it on now.

4 Likes

I have done some vinyl rips on my friends crazy turntable setup and they can sound great. The main reason to do that imo is because if cd or digital versions suck. Some albums were just better mastered on vinyl and sound better on vinyl than their cd counterparts for whatever reason (could be because it was still when cd was rather new, during the loudness wars, special vinyl pressing that was mastered differently). I think they can sound pretty awesome if you do them right, but that typically involves pretty high end gear

2 Likes

BRACE BRACE BRACE!

14 Likes

Thatā€™s terrifying

Abominations like the one above are the reason I prefer Y-Cables to rigid splitters.

1 Like

This looks mildly familiar. :thinking:

5 Likes

$10 bet that is The Vergeā€™s official listening room setup, lmao.

4 Likes

Which would be the exact opposite of my experience in the 70ā€™s. :laughing:

Hey even compact cassettes can be pretty great sounding with a good recording (pref on metal or chrome tape) with a nice tape deck lol

wonā€™t tapes always have a hiss though?

You can have good noise reduction and fix some of those issues (my goal here wasnā€™t to convince everyone to switch back to cassette lol)

1 Like

I loved my old cassettes. They were even kind of mobile. :laughing:

Priority was a nice deck and speakers for your car. You could even create your own playlists. :+1:

3 Likes

I was only curious, M0N. I know you can avoid the noise glitches on LP with proper care / maintenance of your LPā€™s n tt, but I thought cassette always suffered from a hiss. granted, you likely wonā€™t hear it during playback, only at the start / end of the tape and between tracks.

I fail to see the problem - they are pinpointing the signal. Like when you put your finger over a garden hoseā€¦

Everything about Cassettes wonderfully packaged in one 23 minute video.

4 Likes

There are people like myself who never got rid of my vinyl. That is one reason I still play vinyl. The other is that my digital collection outside of my FLAC sucks, so if I have the record Iā€™m not going to waste my time repurchasing the FLAC unless it is a common album in my rotation.

2 Likes

As long as The Verge has their ā€œtweezersā€ and their LiveStrong static bracelet they can fix anything!!

3 Likes