Funny Picture/GIF/Video thread

“He’s not fighting static…he’s fighting cancer”. LMFAO

6 Likes

That was the funniest line of the internet in 2019, without a doubt. I was actually LOL-ing in public at that whole video.

4 Likes

It was hilarious. Bitwit doing Lyle and then breaking character from laughing so hard was hilarious.

4 Likes

Weed shops are also essential… At least here in WA.

In Quebec, Canada too lol.

1 Like

12 Likes

the guy in the cassette video either had good tape decks, or didn’t really play his cassette’s. the reason i all ways say cassettes are bad is because unless u did have the fancy stuff, any real play time on a cassette meant 1 - 2 years before sound quality goes down from tape stretch/wear. my dual cassette player was great, no down time between tapes, one’s done, other plays. change while other playing, music never stops.

maybe im just too ocd on new music for the cassette format lol, but i would wear tapes out withing a couple years about every time. and the tape eat is real. and i figured out all on my own to clean it eventually lol. didnt make much difference, old tapes would still get caught.

so thats my experience over all in a quick summary on why i dislike the format and was happy when cd came out :grinning:

I like vinyl, never owned any and probably never will, but I still like it.

It does however seem a bit counter-productive to build 50-100kg turntables with multiple motors and thousand dollars stabilised carbon fiber arms with even more thousands on a floating needle in a box, just to spin a wobbly plastic disk.
You’re fixing the wrong problem mate.

1 Like

Cat Scratch Fever!

3 Likes

Mine says he’s worked hard enought!

4 Likes

It’s all dependent upon your setup, your music listening preferences, and your tastes.

One of my favorite records is Folk Singer by Muddy Waters. I’ve heard it in 3 formats on the same system and the best was R2R -> Vinyl -> FLAC/Lossless

The hiss you speak of goes away with proper quality source material and setup. Something about this record in pure analog will always be superior to the digital equivalent.

4 Likes

I think your preference is emotional. But, whatever makes you happy.

I am not going to spend thousands to buy the “proper” equipment to play the new VERY expensive albums.

I disliked vinyl in the 70’s (although I owned a TON of it) and love digital now.

I am not an audiophile nor do I claim golden ears like many in this hobby.

We all hear differently and whatever works for you.

2 Likes

No it’s not emotional in fact vinyl is a pain in the ass. I don’t want to clean the records every time; don’t want to worry about stylus wear & replacement, don’t want to worry about the anti-static activities, or even having to flip the records. You have to work for it and I don’t enjoy that part of it. Reel to Reel is even more a pain in the arse and more expensive/difficult to obtain (which is why I don’t own one).

Here’s my digital rig and I love it and could go all day long. But there is some qualities that my vinyl/analog setup gives that I cannot reproduce with these.

4 Likes

that’s a sweet setup man. is the Lyr a hybrid? how does it do with your planars?

I love them and will never sell any of the components… Eventually I’d like to add a RebelAmp and a pair meze empyrean but I’m perfectly satisfied with my setup.

The Lyr is highly sensitive (IMO) to the tubes and I settled on the reflektor 6n23p '75 silver shields.

1 Like

Golden ears are definitely a curse. It must be a bitch. I do not need to have the very best sound on every song. I don’t buy hi-rez and don’t buy FLAC/ALAC. I only have a ton of ALAC because I ripped my CD collection.

Quite honestly I am very happy with my lossy files and can’t even tell the difference. I Really enjoy Florence and the Machine and have all four of her albums. Two were CD’s and two were bought as lossy on iTunes. When I put this artist on shuffle I can not tell any difference in quality, regardless of the song or format.

I guess I am lucky or cursed depending on your viewpoint. I am sure the audiophiles on the forum will be saying I should be banned! :laughing:

1 Like

Sometimes I think we forget just how good mp3 (or AAC or ogg) is a what it does. At 320kbps, it takes something like 99% of what makes a song what it is and fits it into 10% of the storage space (those are made up numbers to illustrate a point). That’s a really impressive feat of engineering.

Some might. But I hope not. What connects here is a love of music and pursuit of enjoying music, IMO.

6 Likes

Yeahh kudos to the Fraunhofer institute in bavaria for bringing up mp3s

not only beer and BMW’s…

happy greetings from munich

I do enjoy my CD ripped Flac files, the same vs Spotify, Qobuz or Tidal

2 Likes

11 Likes

Hmm… I don’t like that.