Gaming Discussion

What types of games do you all play while wearing your headphones/listening to your speakers? Any games you’re all looking forward to?

Minecraft is a standard zone to music and zone to gameplay for me. All the other games use the in-game music for cues a lot so I try to have the game music on for them. Oh! Tetris Effect…awesome music awesome game.

3 Likes

Playing mainly R6S, looking forward to insurgency sandstorm on ps4.

2 Likes

I use HD800 with a Astro mix amp using Dolby Atmos for headphones on the Xbox One X.
I play the Cod titles, Overwatch, Star Wars BFII, BFV, Paladins, RDR2 and more.
They all sound incredible I would not have thought the Mix amp would drive them well but I was wrong.

1 Like

Just finished replaying the Witcher 3 with all the DLC’s. Can’t wait for Cyberpunk2077. Really hoping it doesn’t get stuck in development hell.

2 Likes

I guess maybe I should’ve answered my own question. I mainly play Borderlands 2 but also enjoy Fallout 4, Skyrim, and Black Ops 4 on occasion. I like all the games listed because now that I’ve played them to death I turn the in game music off and can listen to my playlists while playing for kind of a two for one relaxation time.

1 Like

Skyrim I love Skyrim. Have you played ESO (Elder Scrolls Online)? If not I recommend giving it a try. Although it’s one of those games that can become your life…so I don’t know if I should reccomend it or warn about it. Lol

Haven’t touched ESO since the beta but I’m really not into online rpg type stuff. I don’t really care for the grind it can turn into because it goes from feeling like my unwinding part of the day to feeling like more work after work

Yeah That’s the truth.

Lots of racing games/sims (Project cars 2, assetto corsa, iracing, RaceRoom Racing Experience), and lately Battlefield 5 (played battlefield 3 for years, but took a break from the FPS genre after that).

That said, the speakers and headsets are mostly used for music/tv/movies :slight_smile:

HELLBLADE: Senua’s Sacrifice
If you want to play a game that has an AWESOME audio experience (on top of the game just being awesome in general), this is the game you need to play. It literally tells you to use headphones when playing it.

Now that that’s out of the way… other recommendations would be:
Cuphead
The Division 2
Far Cry New Dawn
DOOM (2016)
Guacamelee!
Minecraft

Games I’m looking forward to:
Ghost Recon Breakpoint
Cyberpunk 2077 (of course)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (finally a CoD with campaign again)

2 Likes

Mostly playing shooters on my Hifiman HE-400 - DOOM, CS:GO, but also like Batman games - these are on my PC. On the PS4Pro on a Home Theater system - GoW, Mortal Kombat, playing some GTA V, Injustice and so on…

GTAV:O though the daily grind is probably catching up to me after playing almost daily for 4 years on PC.
I’m still playing through AC Rogue. The OCD in me needs to obtain every item and complete each mission 100%. Then on to the next game in the series.
Sounds provided by a GSX 1000 to a 58X. (7.1, no eq, large soundstage)

Currently playing Monster Hunter World with my boys on PS4. I use SHP9500 with the Vmoda boom pro when gaming on PS4 or PC but been thinking of modding my HD559s to use the boom pro.

Elder Scrolls - Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim. Borderlands 1+2. Grimdawn is my current obsession. Looking forward to BL3 obviously, but also to the new DLC that’s supposed to come out the 9th.

1 Like

Been playing my stockpile of free games from the epic games store; getting into Transistor now. Interesting game.

Second HELLBLADE. Was going to specifically recommend that.

Another excellent choice would be Alien: Isolation. That game is all about sound. I played w/ 5.1 surround, but headphones with good soundstage and imaging would make for an excellent experience.

1 Like

I’ll start by saying I’m probably older than most here, and picky about what I like to play. That said, main loves on PC have been Morrowind and Borderlands 2. Have also enjoyed Oblivion, the older Diablo games, Grimdawn, Torchlight 2, Heroes of Might & Magic 2-4, the Baldur’s Gate series, & the old Neverwinter Nights games.I just don’t see much out there that appeals to me, will wait for Borderlands 3 to hit Steam before buying more than likely.

Recently it’s been a mix of code vein, monster Hunter world, and destiny 2, I guess I’m looking forward to the pc release of iceborne

Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC pre-sale today.