Genre or music you HATE or confuses you? (feel free to rant)

Yeah I definetly like what he stands for. Not an actual fan of his style of rapping tho. But that’s just me

1 Like

Trap is a weird one for sure. It’s cool that someone enjoys it tho

Oh yeah I do like some of that. But I mean like Taylor Swift, Maroon 5, Katy Perry, Cardi B, I don’t know, stuff like that.

1 Like

Yo some of Taylor Swifts early shit was GOOD! it was musical or nice and catchy without being poppy at all. I actually like some of Katy perry too lol. I guess I’m trashy. Like hot n cold, I kissed a girl etc. Maroon 5 she will be loved. I guess most of them before they become TOO poppy. Not sure who cardi b is but I’ve heard she’s notorious

My problem is when it all starts to sound the same. I totally think all of them are super talented, but I think they waste it when the music is made all the same and mixed very badly.
I like this song if this is KPop

1 Like

Yeah that’s kpop. Bigbang, actually an artist more than a boy band since they make all of their stuff. 100% in control of their shit and yeah it is a shame when it all just becomes the same. It’s like variety is what makes everything fun honestly

1 Like

Which is why when you look at my Spotify listening I am all over the place with Genres. My most listened to Genre is only 18%. :joy:

1 Like

Damn lol, I mean I like variety but there’s definitely a niche or particular style I usually listen to. So I respect dudes like you with a nice variety

1 Like

I mean, I still am a Metalcore and hard rock fan. Here’s the full thing:

My Top artists are:
A Day To Remember
NF
Black Veil Brides
Hans Zimmer
Wolves At The Gate

:smile:

1 Like

This is repetitive and I am just regurgitating on what the majority hates. Mostly of the so called mainstream “music” due to obvious reasons like the music is just the same produced crap making it for me unbearable for me to listen to at all and for that my radio is always freaking off, I only turn it on during the weekends since the weekends is like the perfect time for me to listen to the old songs that I love so much. in terms of specific genres that I never got into or perhaps never will get into are these, Reggaeton, KPop, Modern Hip-Hop/Rap, Pop and Dubstep.

2 Likes

I mean, there is some good and some bad in all genres. There is a lot of electronic and dubstep that is actually good or recorded well (i.e. Gesaffelstein). It just depends.

1 Like

yeah it depends, but thanks to many freaking Skrillex tracks that are being overplayed during my HS days, I cannot say that my hatred for the genre is long gone.

2 Likes

Christian rock lol
20 character

1 Like

Oh shit my sis is a big fan of black veil brides! Shoutout to you!

1 Like

It’s amazing how deep your hatred goes to these lol I love it. Keeping it real

Yeah I think everyone here agrees that there are exceptions. This thread is like general. Like you GENERALLY don’t like this or that

1 Like

just curious does all rap ofr hip hop piss you off or a sppefic types cause like any genre there are a ton of sub genres

yeah this is pretty awful though. it’s wierd fusion of the pits of several genres from what I’m hearing.

1 Like

If there is one genre that I Hate doesn’t confuse me though cause I live in a very white in the middle of the country like city in canada is Country music and Bluegrass. I can enjoy most other types of genres but these are the most off putting to me.

1 Like

Just the beat, voice or lyrics?