Genre or music you HATE or confuses you? (feel free to rant)

Because for example Brown Bird is not country but my bro can’t get into it because of his very country way of singing. It took me a bit to get used to it too but I got through it and like brown bird

I used to be that way but one thing a lot of those genres can do is just bump it. I learned to really appreciate the popular songs sorta the songs of the people while working at arbys in the past just turn on the radio when closing and just sing D rose or gucci gang at the top of your lungs. you can even observe that a lot of pop music while very manufatured have very subtle idiosyncrasies that are very common with each other just to mass appeal to everyone.

I don’t know… It’s a learned resentment Is what I’m getting it’s what my parents listen to. so instead I grew up listening to cheesy grunge, hip hop, and very indie alternative music.

1 Like

Ah lol. Makes sense that can happen

Oh yeah I hate country music in general. The twangy voices and guitars sound harsh and unpleasant to me. That is my main complaint. An interesting fact is that there are actually more alchohol and drug references in country music than rap and hip-hop. Yes this is true I looked it up.
Funny enough though, I love Bluegrass. :joy:
@anon54878099 Yeah I think classifying music as “Christian” is weird. The band just happens to have christians in it and they may express their beliefs, but I don’t think that makes it “Christian”. Besides most Christian music kind of sucks imo.
Oh yeah, I love Black Veil Brides. Andy Biersack is a very gifted vocalist.

1 Like

Yeah haha I always thought it was weird that they go out of their way to name it Christian rock. I guess that’s their own way to help other Christians find it. I guess there’s nothing wrong with that. And yeah I’m not the biggest country fan, don’t particularly hate it since I haven’t listened to it enough but from what I’ve seen it’s not my style. Yeah they have their cool niche, black veil brides that is. Although while my sister and brother were both into them I was more into the opposite camp with Falling In Reverse. Haha

I grew up listening to a lot of christian music back when to tell and hawk nelson was at the their peak a lot of news boys and peter furlers solo stuff too. there a lot of gifted mucisians. I guess thats why I really enjoy it when hip hoop artists get religious but the way they do it is my favorite where they don’t sensor themselves. Kendrick I feel does it best cause he entwines his religion within his music.
for example

BUUUUUUT I do LOVE this one country song. It might be up your alley or completely not lol

1 Like

the thing is I hate country , hate bluegrass but love my folk and anti folk music.

thats not country thats the song of my canadian brethren
also the barenaked ladies I would classify as alternative rock

1 Like

I mean he just mentions praying there. But it’s not like he went deep into religious values nor anything

Man I never knew there were was so many “genre’s” …Fuck just answered the how old are thread…ain’t it just music?

2 Likes

Country styled tho. I feel like

Yeah for sure, but it’s good to categorize them for picky people like me lol.

nah this is country . this would fall under stadium country music

1 Like

Yo this ain’t bad haha

But it has this pop feel too

new genres get invented everyday by overly organised people. it’s pretty discriptive of what to expect

thats why it’s called stadium country. its a very manufacture country song for maximum mass appeal

1 Like

Oooooooh I see. Well they got me lol. It’s pretty nice indeed. Closer to what Taylor swift used to make