Genre or music you HATE or confuses you? (feel free to rant)

Bo makes fun of this type of music fucking well

I miss this Taylor swift. Was super legit

didnt she start off as a country singer?

1 Like

Lol I can’t take him seriously. Not only the lyrics but it’s just he looks too scrawny for country

That’s right. Similar to the first guy you showed me I would say. Alot of her music was like that, very good. Now she’s mostly pop

I mean your not supposed to. hes a comedy music artist if he looks funny hes doing his job right here id a classic

1 Like

Oooooooh there you go then haha makes sense now

If the Eagles came out today, they’d be considered a country band. Same goes for a lot of the 70s singer-songwriters. I think it’s weird. I don’t like country music when it’s about American patriotism, or how much you love your Chevy and Budweiser, but I do enjoy what people consider Outlaw Country. The bands I like that fall into this genre play rock, but the singer happens to be from the South. Some people just can’t seem to get past the accent. I do also like what used to be called “Country & Western” which is the label Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson used to be given.

I dislike modern country music where it’s essentially pop in country form

yeah, I don’t have much interest in that. I went to Nashville last year expecting to be inundated with that, but it was surprisingly less than I expected in bars and clubs.

Not a big country fan either but I do love this Nanci :+1:

I am keeping it real, I don’t want to say bullshit to people anyways in regards to music and we’re already fed up on too much lies already. So yeah, there are things that are just not meant for us to be fond with. By the way, Black Veil Brides is not a metal band, they are an insult to metal.

1 Like

I mean if people are into that music, that is fine you can listen to those type of song even when I am around due to my way of showing courtesy and respect. But, when folks are like forcing me to listen to those types that I don’t even like, that’s where the courtesy and respect would go down the drain immediately. I have my music and you have my music, please keep it civil is what I say to those people who cannot even respect on what I listen. It sucks overall.

I think the type of hip hop and rap that pisses you off is I think because of these things. 1) The constant music videos of damn naked women being shown on every freaking music video being made for those so called hacks 2) Money, money, sex, drugs, like I am so freaking cool like a douchebag that my talent does not matter. 3) Lyrics, all nothing but fucking nonsense, rap and hip hop back then used to talk about like REAL issues, like it gives you freaking open eye on how the world sometimes is messed up, instead we get boobs, drunk, drugs, sex, gold, money, cool, swag or whatever the fuck that make so called “hip hop/rap”" so damn wrong nowadays!

I get too passionate and I am sorry if I might have offended someone with the cursing I have done, I mean I cannot help it, it is just the way I see things nowadays.

Lol, those are all very valid criticisms

I mean modern rap can talk about real issues too. It’s like all genres of music the surface level stuff dont generally real. Look at most rock, pop, most alternative music. They aren’t talking about real shit. But if you dig a little deeper even popular rappers like Kendrick, Tyler the Creator, Brock Hampton, Denzel curry and look beyond the lil moseys, the lil Uzi, and more generic shit you can find really good stuff that could appeal to you

1 Like

But there is absolutely nothing wrong with not liking a genre all together like me and country music

It all sounds the same, you can never fucking understand any of the fucking lyrics (and this is comming from someone who has listened to screamo and the various forms of metal), it’s all sex, drugs, party, racism, fuck the cops, murder, degrading others (particularly women) because you can, thug life (fucking load of crap), the people who listen to it are always the ones blasting their music, forcing everyone around them who haven’t already lost their hearing or inflicing permanant hearing damage to themselves using headphones at excessive volumes to listen with them(not to mention ITS THE SAME 5 FUCKING SONGS ALL FUCKING DAY, EVERY DAY)
There are two excepetions that I’ve come across: a couple songs from the Gorillaz, and some of Tom MacDonnald’s works. Overall, I don’t even consider hip-hop/rap to be fucking music.

I’m calling it quits there, or I’m going to keep going, and I can already feel my blood pressure rising.

2 Likes

Interesting perspective because of your age lol. The only other people who I hear say that are over 65 lol

1 Like