šŸ”· Geshelli Labs Archel 2.5 Pro

I replaced mine, I donā€™t have a picture but itā€™s a large aluminum with the 6mm hole with set screw.

And by large I mean large, it covers the first led next to the volume knob. Itā€™s slightly larger than the liquid Sparks knob and it does indeed feel great

@j.fopps So itā€™s as easy as just pulling out the stock knob, buying a new one and sliding it in? If so can you tell me where you bought that one please?

Yep itā€™s a 6mm shaft. I went to Amazon and searched 6mm volume knob or 6mm knob.
I paid $9.xx US

2 Likes

Yup itā€™s that easy. Hereā€™s the link to the exact one I bought. Very good quality.

This one I know is good because itā€™s the exact one I bought and I researched before ordering, if you look at others just be mindful there are 2 or 3 different spline counts for 6mm splined shafts.

1 Like

Mine had no splines and it uses a set screw. Iā€™ll post picture and a link when I get to my desk in a few. I know the same company makes a smaller size vs the extra large I have.

mxuteuk Silver Aluminum Alloy Potentiometer Control Knob Volume Audio Electric Guitar Bass Screw Type 34 x 17mm (dh) KNOB-03-34SR https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TVRC19P/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_0O0oEb29G938B

Hmmmm, I donā€™t know how to feel about that one lol, it just seems unnatural but neat at the same time

1 Like

They make one thatā€™s smaller than this one in the same style, but larger than the OEM. I might swap it.

But functionally it feels fantastic and doesnā€™t look as big in person.

1 Like

The other one is 25mm vs this 34 mm. I think thatā€™s going to be the perfect size and it will probably feel as good as this oneā€¦ *** runs off to place order***

Link to the smaller knobs

IDK if I would have clicked that link if a preview didnā€™t pop up lol

2 Likes

Hi Guys, i started a topic but not sure I did it correct. Its about the Archel 2.5, can I post my question here? Its a long one lol

1 Like

post it here

1 Like

Hereā€™s a new review of the 2.5:

2 Likes

Hi Guys, so I have a question. What is the difference between a higher gain on a weaker amp, and a lower gain on a stronger amp. I ask this because im not sure which is better. I know everyone says you need a lot of current for planar cans due to the technology. But now my queation lays.

The LS for example has 1.3W at 32ohm, the Archel 2.5 has 1W at 16ohm which will make it even less at 32ohm. But the gain on the Archel 2.5 is a lot more than on the LS.

What is the difference between gain volume, vs power volume. Will a higher Wattage amp drive planar cans better as the same volume than a lower wattage amp.

In the Fiio M15 review Z spoke about high current mode which had the same volume but just sounded better. Is that the case between higher and lower wattage amps?

I hope this makes sence, its hard to put in words whats going on in this head of mine.

Thanx guys

Do you think this would work well with andromedas

I would say so, worse case you would want an ifi ie match

So gain is effects the level from the input(xlr,rca etc)

Volume effects the sound level from the amp. For instance the Geshelli amps (2 and 2.5) have different levels of high gain. So do the THX sp200 and 789, the low gain of the Sp200 is the same as the medium gain of the 789.

Boosting the signal (gain) can add possible distortion if the amp or DAC is poorly designed. So not all amps are created equal. Increasing the volume to extreme levels can also cause distortion.

Ideally you want enough power so that you can use low gain and under 75% volume should provide the best experienceā€¦

Butā€¦ with the tech these days and noise levels its hard to notice a negativeSound quality difference even on high at 90% volume.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info as I am looking at both.