šŸ”· Geshelli Labs Archel 2.5 Pro

Wonder how the Archel 2.5 compares to the Schiit A3 as they are close in price

The a3 has more oomph to the sound, a but more colored sounding, where the 2.5 pro is a bit more natural

2 Likes

Just got my archel 2.5 pro and it delivers a lot more of oomph to my AKG 712 proā€¦ Jesus, it feels like Iā€™ve lost my virginity LOL

2 Likes

Lol, a good amp can really improve things more than people think, glad you are liking it :+1:

1 Like

Good to hear! What where you using before?

LOXJIE P20 - itā€™s nice if you get balanced stuff.

1 Like

How can amp be selfish and inattentive to your needs?

Hi,
i have a problem with the Geshelli Archel pro 2.5. I live in germany, so the included power supply doesnĀ“t fit to my socket. We are using Ac power in the EU. So i need a power supply, which has an ac power input. But i am confused about the amp itself. Does the archel pro 2.5 have a dc or an ac input? Also the Geshelli power supply has 12v and 0.5a output. ItĀ“s hard for me to find a power supply with only 0.5a output. So my questions are:

1: Do i need an ac-ac-power supply or ac-dc-power-adapter? I think the second option is right, isnĀ“t it?
2: Can i use a power adapter with 12v and 2a output or will this damage the amp?
3: The power adapter should have a positive polarity output, right?

I donĀ“t want to damage the new amp

Greetings

Andy

I take you have it on hand?
What does the label on the powersupply say?

Take for example this random Dell Powerbrick:
In the red box it defines the input spec, below that is the output and the symbol to the right tells you the plug is ā€œcenter positiveā€

Just for reference: Polarity symbols

All that said, if the powerbrick has a ā€œfigure 8ā€ (also called C8) plug
you could just get a cable like this:

Thank you for your reply and help!

This is what it looks like. Do i understand it right, that the polarity is positive? So i think i can use a power supply like that one from Dell that you have posted or i could buy a wall adapter and use it with the original power supply? Are both options correct?

1 Like

yep

Yep.
Or you get a piece of plastic with some metal in it:
https://www.amazon.de/SM-PCĀ®-Travel-Adaptor-Plug-Euro/dp/B07RD5V2YY/ref=sr_1_17

Or if you donā€™t like Amazon:
https://www.reichelt.de/travel-adapter-schutzkontaktstecker-usa-tra-usa-sk-p107832.html?&trstct=pol_1&nbc=1

@mazeframe: Thank you for your help. Cool, that the solution is so simple and clean.

I have to say, that i really appreciate hifiguides. So much cool content and stuff here

Is there a recommended DAC that stacks well with the Archel 2 Pro in terms of being the same or close in size (length and width)? Other than the Enog of course. I like the Enog, but Iā€™d prefer a USB DAC and the front-facing power input messes with my OCD too much.

Grace S-Dac is about the same size. Or the JDS Labs OL Dac might be similar size. Atom Dac might be better suited due to its better performance though.

1 Like

Thanks. Itā€™d just be nice to see some pics of the Archel amp stacked with different DACs. I canā€™t find many through a Google image search. That said, I may hold off as Iā€™ve heard that Geshelli may be bringing another DAC to market later this year (with all inputs/outputs on the same side). Fingers crossed it has USB.

Would this be a good upgrade from a Magni 3+? Iā€™m hoping to find something that can use the XLR out of my SMSL SU-8.

I have an issue with my Archel pro. It worked the first months really fine. Right now i have sound problems. I feel like there is a small gap or a little bit of space between my adapters and the plugin/connection (not on the surface, but more inside) of the archel pro. This leads to channel disbalance and/or bad audio quality. When i rotate the adapter, i can fix the sound issues sometimes, but if the headphone cable changes the position a little bit, the problem appears again.
I definitly has to be a problem with the amp, because i tried different headphones, headphone cables and adapters. Also when i use my headphones via the output of my zen dac everything sounds fine.

Any ideas how i could try to fix this? Due to the high shipping and tax costs, it isnĀ“t possible from me to send the amp back from europe to US

Have you asked Geshelli themselves for advice? That would be my first port of call, to drop them an email and see what they say.

Has anyone modded or changed their Archel in any way? I recently bought a Khadas Tone Board and am considering trying to mount it inside the Archel enclosure (on the top), making it an all-in-one unit that still needs RCA interconnects. I took off the back plexi and the KTB fit perfectly with one end slotted between the top slits. Purchased an extra piece of plexi for cutting the holes so I donā€™t mess with the stock piece, but it wonā€™t be in until later next week. Will have an update then.

2 Likes

I had e-mail contact with Sherri today. Geshelli helped me with my technical issue within 3-4 emails. The amp is fixed and works really fine now. I had to fix one metal connector on top of the headphone jack. Great, fast and pragmatic customer support by the company.

5 Likes