Give me BASS. Give me FIRE... preferably in the form of a sub $500 pair of cans :)

1:32 this just drops and hits low

That whole album has some pretty decent bass to be honest.

5 Likes

The Emu Teak is on Drop for 400$ dollar,but a realllyyyyy long Shipingtime.
4 october eastimate Shippingdate.
Really uncool from Drop,Shipment go for sure faster when buying directly on Emu.

3 Likes

Love this album! shame he has taken to placing his music on the back burner. Mind you its better to pull out when things are good.

He just dropped a reworking of Brittany Howard’s ‘Stay High’. There is a complete reimagined version of her album ‘Jamie’ that just came out. My guess is he is working on something

1 Like

Shame they don’t offer the detachable cable option.

1 Like

Old school bass blasters.
Bonfire - Knife Party
Cracks (Ctrl-Z remix) - the freestylers feat Belle humble

They do if you buy it direct from emu

I like this one as a nice test to see if the bass is too overpowering and actually overshadowing everything else

2 Likes

Void Walker is great for checking sub bass, or at least the really low frequencies

It’s like that for the first 17 seconds straight

Love the look of them and from the reviews I watched, they are a direct upgrade to the Argons. Might have to start saving haha.

1 Like

Best news I’ve heard all week!

1 Like

Man if I was into HP’s and not IEM’s then I’d own the Cascade’s or the TR-X00 Purplehearts…maybe both lol :+1:

1 Like

They are just so dang good looking haha. Speaking of IEM’s; any Bass Buds that would be worth a glance?

Fiio fh3’s for bass quantity, texture and imaging. Plus they don’t break the bank either. I recommend them with a set of spinfits.

Depends on what kind of bass you want,
Do you really fast technical bass?
Deep sub bass rumbling?
Powerful mid bass?
Overkill bass that destroys lives (and balance) when that beat drops?

Do to the sealing nature of IEMs you can get all sorts of different and crazy bass.

4 Likes

I’ll take one of those to go please :purple_heart:
So far my experience is, whilst IEMs can have some serious midbass slam and sub bass texture, it’s rare that you can really get the tactile feeling of sub bass like with headphones and subs.

Hopefully that will change once I acquire a Sony MDR-EX800ST and perform the tape mod after shoving a bunch of power and EQ through it >=D

Also got a Thieaudio Legacy 9 on the way.

For a cheap one, I’ve heard good things about the VE Bonus IE BIE, but good luck finding one :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yea, the levels of bass you want seem to even surpass @luizgarcia, which is impressive.

Let me know how you end up liking (or not) the fit of the MDR. Definitely looks to be an interesting beast.

2 Likes

Oh i am in the same boat as @Purplezorz actually, hahaha. If i showed you the bass shelf i am currently applying to my LCD-X you would call me crazy! People say the LCD-X is bass heavy but for me i need at least +10dB!

1 Like

I have only heard 2 IEMs capable of that sort of tactile bass, the Ikko OH10 and the Dunu Zen (with lots of EQ).

Never heard the Legacy 9 though.

1 Like