Give me BASS. Give me FIRE... preferably in the form of a sub $500 pair of cans :)

Honestly, I think my little SVS sub, my Klipsch HP-3s, my V-Moda M100s and my SZ-2000s have completely destroyed most hope of IEMs being satisfying, but I know there’s potential in these little bastards.
It’s just that my previous headphone journey had been so long that I get impatient easily.
I’m not even trying to do anything extreme, I just miss the rumble. If the Skullcandy Crushers / Kannon Headphone haptic driver technology were in IEMs (is this what the Mest has?), I think the search would be over long ago, as all the texture is already there.

Aha, my basshead brother from another mother :beers:

2 Likes

+1 for the VE Bonus!

1 Like

All of Ghost data’s stuff hits hard. Great mixing overall. This track is no exception

1 Like

Gonna be real with ya here. I had no clue that there are different types of bass. I would assume that fast technical is what im looking for. I listen to a lot of jazz and drums; guys like Yussef Dayes, Louis Cole, and Larnell Lewis to name a few. Something that can emphasis the Bass and Drum notes while not just being a distorted mess. I also enjoy a lot of hip hop and rap; Busdriver, ANTHM, Open Mike Eagle and such. Deep bass rumbling would be great too. I find there is no bass impact/body with the headphones I use.

Beryllium DD will be a good choice for where to look,
Fiio FH3 or maybe the ThieAudio Legacy 2 would be good choices.

Personally, I try looking for a nice balance of these three. Overkill kinda just throws everything else out the window.

Is there anywhere you can actually buy Nighthawks?

Once in a blue moon a person can get lucky and find a NOS pair bit mainly just the used market.

Sad :frowning:

Also in terms of bass for me, I’m quite happy with EQ’ing my Sundara’s on Magni 2. I use the Harman Target by oratory1990 and change 105 frequency according to the music really.

Without EQ the bass literally is absent, much like the 6xx.

1 Like

I used to love my Sundara’s bass with Oratory’s profile as well, i added a few dB on that low shelf and was perfectly fine, then i heard a Fostex Ebony and there is just no going back, it is a totally different ballgame, trust me on this one.

Anyone who loves bass should hear a Fostex Ebony at least once, it will set the bar so freaking high you can’t imagine! hahaha

I’ve heard way too many people recommend the fostex ebony, makes me sad it’s so hard to obtain.

1 Like

Truth
until you hear a phone with the the foster 1.5T transducer, like TH909 & TH900s …

That is in my bucket list, is the bass really that much better than the Ebony? I read different opinions on that.
Some say the Ebony delivers like 95% of the 900.

They’re pretty close to be sure but IME the added energy from the 1.5T adds an all-round enhancement in sound quality and technicality.

Heck I like the TH610 too. I’m not a good example as I’m sorta a Fostex fanboy so I am sure I suffer from confirmation bias at a minimum. YMMV

1 Like

That makes us 2!

1 Like

They cost like $400 brand new back in the day, now you will pay more than that for used sets. I paid $520 on mine and i would gladly pay $700 for them now that i know how they sound… They are actually giving my LCD-X a run for its money.

Campfire mammoths, nice w sound and damn the bass from the biodynamic is other worldly for an iem.

Oh man, i did not know these existed!

“custom 10mm bio-cellulose diaphragm dynamic driver. This dynamic driver has an old-school sound; floor toms, kicks, and bass hits to holographic realism.”

Wth dude, how will i explain to my wife that i need to buy yet another IEM?!?!? LOL

Lol ummm I can’t help you there. I usually ask for forgiveness lol. With how intimate IEMs are the bass easily out classes a lot of my headphones, shoot even my Isine10s can’t keep up without serious eq.

1 Like

Holy shiz!
Bio-cellulose is the stuff you want in your bass drivers! Same as my Purplehearts / Fostex stuff in general.
Now I’m going to have to also increase the potential list.
If you could somehow get the performance of the Cascades into an IEM, it would probably be game over!

1 Like