Gizaudio IEM Discussion Lounge (Ranking, Impressions, News)

My concern is that QC issues are baked into the compensation as it is evaluating atleast two variables (coupler difference, IEM positioning/depth, IEM QC difference) simultaneously (even if these are averaged out (I do not know the de minimis comparable acceptance threshold) - which will prove diminishing due to both high reviewer churn in the hobby as well as Crin maintaining a database which whilst incredible and highly appreciated from a historical perspective does not always contain many of the up to date releases that current reviewers have recently been focusing on - understandably so as his priorities are not just review focused yet problematic in this case as there is a reliance on one person to handle a hobby with weekly releases).

If you are in contact with the lead on this project perhaps it would be more accurate to manufacture/prototype a test IEM with multiple switches representing different curves and a standard tip and insertion depth marking all matched to Crins coupler. This could then be sold (with strict QC testing by Crin on his coupler as it would be a very limited quantity release) or sent to each reviewer (as it is a limited set) for them to calibate against - this atleast would take one or two of the variables out of the equation when looking at coupler differences. It would consequently enable us to have a better IEM QC conversation.

7 Likes

Are you on Discord? If you are, I can connect you with the project lead. Or maybe I can get his email for you.

1 Like

I’m too lazy to care that much… :joy::joy::joy:

Thanks for the offer tho chap & the info.

9 Likes

My vague memory tells me that etymotic did something like that this years ago actually…

3 Likes

No no no no no. You don’t get to open the can of worms with your post and then run away. Get back here!!!

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

You’re hilarious for that, brother! LOL :rofl:

7 Likes

my man’s really just threw out an intriguing piece to talk about then went

oh nah I was just brainstorming, welp, see you guys later lol

7 Likes

I used to have a savant colleague who would always come up with absolutely brilliant, but valso ery complex solutions to technical problems every time he had heard my proposition of a much more primitive way of solving those.

Then, after 30 minutes long lecture on how it is to be done, describing every single detail I used to ask him - “ok, this is beyond my skills - I assume you would get that done”. And he was “ok, wait, what was your idea again?” :clown_face:

7 Likes

This guy statistics

2 Likes

this is how you become simultaneously useless but irreplaceable in the workplace :rofl:

5 Likes

He is actually a guy that is absolutely fantastic asset for baby start-ups or R&D projects at conceptual stages, but going further he becomes less and less useful :smiley:
I love him though, if I would only be smarter we would execute tons more amazing engineering designs

5 Likes

@Timmy-Gizaudio and @hawaiibadboy need to do a live stream together :fire:

3 Likes

Hey hey - throw some money at me to do something and I get less lazy (and make myself sound like a stripper apparently)… :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

In addition to lazy I have selective hearing/reading so I am just taking this all as a compliment :joy::joy::joy:
@pylaczynski no need to correct me / I enjoy living a lie :joy:

12 Likes

Don’t worry man, I know how that life goes since I’ve been like that since I can remember lol

1 Like

agwwg

Not really a headphones guy but I love me some 6XX.
And this is supposedly an upgraded 6XX. I’m hyped for it.

11 Likes

Exciting! Congrats on the purchase. The tuning for it looks quite spectacular.
Might we see a rare headphone review from you? :eyes:

I’m counting down the days until DaVinci Pre-order gates open bro :clown_face: Doscinco gonna have to hold me afloat until then.

5 Likes

ehshes

Finally!! :smiley:

19 Likes

About time lol

If I didn’t buy mine I would still be waiting until summer probably :skull:

3 Likes

Remember in a video you did a little bit ago you said something along the lines of “Have any of you guys even heard of this company called Ziigaat?” and it was at the height of their newly garnered hype, now look at ya!

Enjoy, Timmy

4 Likes

Foam vs Sancai :man_shrugging: looks like I won’t have to re-graph everything lol?

10 Likes