Gizaudio IEM Discussion Lounge (Ranking, Impressions, News)

Thanks man! Glad you find the videos useful!

1 Like

That sounds promising. I like a more natural presentation, and the treble was the only real issue I had with the MMK2. Also, I definitely should’ve bought the Diva… now it’s $2K LOL :sob:

If you get the chance you should review the Airpods Pro 2 they’re a solid all-rounder set. Keep the bangers coming :metal:

2 Likes

Dunu Kima…
Graph: Squiglink - IEM frequency response database by Timmy Vangtan

2 Likes

Looks good, but a little pricy.

How much is this?.

Looking at Timmy’s graphs, Dunu Kima is literally the Heart Mirror Pro, with the pinna gain of the T3+

That’s it

And these 2 modifications on FR at the same time could have a surprising effect, who knows.
I found titan s a little bit thin to my taste (but I have the feeling I didn’t give it the time it deserved) . This new dunu set could be what I look for.

The problem with this tuning style (Aria, T3+, T2 DLC, HM Pro, Titan S, and Kima are all different flavors of the same general tuning) is everything can be good but the treble is awful. In a vacuum they are all fine (I’ve heard T2 DLC, T3+, and Aria so I have experience with this), so for beginners, this would be fine. But once you hear better tuned treble, the giant canyon in the treble they all have makes everything sound like a film is over the sound. It’s just cloudy and lacks resolution, at the prices they’re asking.

T3+ went from the tuning I based my preferences on to a set I don’t even compare anything to, because I can’t unhear how bad the treble clarity is

3 Likes

If you own the Stellaris, here’s an EQ that should make it sound a lot more natural :slightly_smiling_face:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f02v9Yk3ei2caOw3CoChGA1PHhDA7-kJ

I agree. I wish they’d make an attempt at fixing the treble response.

Do you mind sharing sets(<$200) which do treble correct in your opinion?

I’m glad someone else clearly feels the same way as me. This is my exact thought with the starfield when I heard it a long time ago. Could clearly hear that a large part of the treble was just not there. Was soooo not for me ever back then.

Dunu Glacier arrived a few days ago. First impression in the video here: https://youtu.be/SK5SHDB6K9Y

Using them currently and they are pretty good, not sure if the price tag is justified though.

6 Likes

Woah, Timmy, jesus christ brother where have you been? You staying a while or?

1 Like

Not sure if I’m willing to drop $1300 for a shiny variations lol

6 Likes

Possibly lol. Gonna try to at least

4 Likes

Testing Glacier today. In the review, I might compare it to Mirai and Variations.
Anything else I should consider comparing Glacier to?

2 Likes

Hmm…

…maybe not.

3 Likes

I can’t compare to Chopin lol. Conflict of interest

3 Likes

Yea I know, I was kidding lol. A few months ago I recommended for someone to pick up the Chopin, based on graphs, when they said they were saving up for the Variations.

So I had to toss this in when I saw your Glacier and Variations graph.

1 Like