Gizaudio IEM Discussion Lounge (Ranking, Impressions, News)

Looking forward to it, brother. If you do, you’ll know who Ziigaat is and what not :wink:

1 Like

maybe hype4? :thinking:

1 Like

Who is Ziigaat?

1 Like

If I can find a demo unit in my local store, perhaps

1 Like

Prestige LTD and Hype 10 :notes:

Not much diffuse fields over $1000

2 Likes

Hype 10 is rare in Japan still. I’ll see if they have it.

Hype 10 is rare everywhere I feel like lol

Hype 4/10 series Impossible to get for some reason

1 Like

Conflict of interest in this hobby :rofl::joy::laughing:

1 Like

The Monarchs.

Look who decided to show up… another man from Japan

Not everywhere…

Not rubbin it in…I swear :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

shell is pretty

Been subscribed to your channel for awhile…good production values :handshake:

1 Like

Tuning nozzles vs. Tuning switches. Which do you guys prefer if you had to choose one?

3 Likes

It depends if the method does something useful. The downside to switches is that they are tiny and are prone to breakage. Meanwhile, nozzles get lost. From my experience, I give a slight nod to nozzles. You can easily do your own mods with nozzles.

Neither, but if I have to choose then nozzles. Switches often don’t do much or add IMO unnecessary components and size to IEMs.

1 Like

All things sound wise being equal nozzles are better imo. You can mod them to tune to taste and its more “permanent” in the sense that you can’t accidentally change it. Plus you don’t have to worry about nozzles wearing out like swriches

Death by drowning or by a buellet to the head is still death. Just no. Both suck.

1 Like

If you care about modding your set, nozzles by a mile. It makes getting into the IEM easier, and any nozzle work you’d do is more repeatable/undoable

2 Likes

I prefer none as well. Most IEMs didn’t benefit much or at all from having switches or tuning nozzles. The only switches I like are bass switches, given the changes are substantial enough. (SA6 & QDC style bass switch).

I can see modders loving tuning nozzles though; it allows for a lot of modding flexibility. Maybe I should do mods…and maybe make mod videos…tempting

6 Likes