šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

Ah yes,

Like this right?

https://www.amazon.com/Flushbay-Protective-Dustproof-Amplifier-50x160cm/dp/B088CT1DL4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=dust+cloth+speaker&qid=1616232632&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExOEpNSkkwOUxaMTlUJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDExMzUxMUNCODRONTdUNEdDRCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExMDMxNDQyMU5DNlFVQVBaSVAmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Thereā€™s plenty of headphones that are open enough for dust to collect on the driver. Gently blowing it out is just fine but always be careful. The biggest concern I would have is metal getting sucked in. You can leave that outermost piece of mesh in as protection and it doesnā€™t hurt the sound that much.

Cool, thanks!

Just got my shipping confirmation from drop!

These arrived yesterday and iā€™m really loving them so far, amazing imaging and soundstage.
The best I would describe them is HD 660ā€™s on steroids though Iā€™m not the best at describing stuff.
Watch zeos review he does it better lol
But yeah I highly recommend these cans :slight_smile:

8 Likes

for anyone that cares

5 Likes

may want to add some form of dust cover on there like the speaker felt that was brought up above thereā€¦ to help those who are more concerned about dust and the likes.

Still, good post. Post mod they actually do feel more worth the priceā€¦ which is annoying to me but is what it is I suppose.

yeah i mentioned in there that you can leave that outermost piece of mesh in to protect from dust if you want and it really doesnā€™t change the sound much but it kinda feels like the slam with it in is a touch less crisp. not 100% sure why.

1 Like

Yeah thats what I did with it I am getting the same results as you mentionā€¦ I mean, I find it fine in that regardā€¦ the point is to actually really open the headphone. My biggest concern about the mod though is the brightness on these really step it up a notchā€¦ itā€™s going to be quite uncomfortable for a lot of people I can say that much

yeah some felt in the pads really smooths out those highs and doesnā€™t seem to sacrifice the stage or imaging. it really feels like all the magic going on is behind the driver, not between driver and ear. i really want to play around with things now that iā€™ve been able to a/b them and see what kind of tuning changes can be had easily for cheap or free.

post mod I think the best way to fine tune this afterwards would be a pad swap or EQ.

yeah i actually rang my ears pretty hard gaming with the volume too loud and i was worried it was permanent because when i woke up the next morning my ears were still ringing. never had that happen with anything, even 990s and 1990s so i figured i wasnā€™t sensitive to treble but oh man these things get bright. the felt really really helped but it tickles my ear lol. i think iā€™m gonna cut a bigger piece and put it behind the pad and maybe remove that felt thats glued to the front of the driver for some extra clearance.

I have had that just once happen to me and that was the T90. Post mod these get brighter than a 1990 from the sounds of thingsā€¦ I think it may be a good idea to look further into modifications to see if theres a way to keep the sound traits but dial back that treble presenceā€¦ as thatā€™s far too much

Did the mod yesterday and I am going to have to put them back to stock. WAY too much treble for me. I liked them stock but I thought Iā€™d give it a shot. Iā€™d seen nothing but positive comments. The GL2000s have lived on my A90 and I would generally top out around noon on medium gain. Now I canā€™t get past 10 oā€™clock without finding it unpleasant. Tried using the tuning foam/felt from my Dan Clark A2Cs but it just wasnā€™t enough. They do sound pretty good on my little xDuoo MT-602 hybrid tube thoughā€¦ not nearly as ear piercing.

Did just mention that post mod these get brighter than a beyer. Would absolutely advise caution to anybody with any form of treble intolerance about the modā€¦

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve been keeping them on tubes lately. I found a combo where itā€™s just right for how I like them and Iā€™ve just been ecstatic about the detail and soundstage handling. With some tubes to calm then down theyā€™re a lot more manageable for sure but if Iā€™m not really rocking out and cranking volume unreasonably high I really love how they sound straight through my a90.

Has anyone posted this review yet? Gold Planar GL2000... Is it any good? (JadedReviews) - YouTube

or this one: Gold Planar GL 2000 (Honest Review) - YouTube

Is this the guy that compared a singxer to a zen can without actually listening to it?

No idea, just some vids that I came across

I just looked into the guys other vids and I think thats the guy, sure was an odd choice of his to make a comparison vid of them without actually listening to one of them. I see the point he was making for the people just getting into high end audio stuff that they would be better suited to spend the money on a cheap but good amp so they can afford a more balanced set of cans, but he really did a poor job at making that abundantly clear.